Ross County v Falkirk, Tuesday, 12th March

8 hours ago, SueSue said:

How can you be happy with a draw against any team in this league. Especially when eight points clear as it stands.

If you are happy with a point against Falkirk I don’t hold out much hope when you are in the Premier League next season.

Well, because it gets us a point closer to the title, obviously.  We're without our top goalscorer, we've other players out. Obviously I'd much prefer us to win against the team 8th in the league but Falkirk are on a decent run and have some momentum and it'd be foolish to take them lightly.

Anyway, not really sure what fans opinions on results really has to do with performance next season (or at any other time really).

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can you be happy with a draw against any team in this league. Especially when eight points clear as it stands.
If you are happy with a point against Falkirk I don’t hold out much hope when you are in the Premier League next season.

With the absolute shambles the teams a few places below them (Pars apart) County can effectively go into cruise control now and probably still win most games.

A point wouldn’t be the worst against a rejuvenated Falkirk team and it would also plunge QOTS into a wee bit more danger so that would amuse me slightly.

19 hours ago, SueSue said:

We are still threadbare in terms of key positions. We're using a lad in his first season paired with a right back at centre half, with our most creative midfielder and top goalscorer out. Falkirk have a lot of pace and that's something we don't have at all.

40 minutes ago, Comrie said:

We are still threadbare in terms of key positions. We're using a lad in his first season paired with a right back at centre half, with our most creative midfielder and top goalscorer out. Falkirk have a lot of pace and that's something we don't have at all.

Difficult to feel sympathy for a team funded on roys millions to be honest. If it wasnt for the fact you've got two complete numpties running the ship you'd have the league sewn up by now.

12 hours ago, forkboy said:

Well, because it gets us a point closer to the title, obviously.  We're without our top goalscorer, we've other players out. Obviously I'd much prefer us to win against the team 8th in the league but Falkirk are on a decent run and have some momentum and it'd be foolish to take them lightly.

Anyway, not really sure what fans opinions on results really has to do with performance next season (or at any other time really).

So you would be happy with a point at home against Falkirk?

happy with a point sounds more like shit scared of them. Yes there on a good run. So are County.

County have had players out all season. It’s nothing new for the Falkirk game !!

lets hope the players and management don’t have the same optimism as you.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I agree, but the young lad and said RB playing at CB are playing very well and deserve their current spots.

Don’t use them as an excuse to be happy with a point.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

With the absolute shambles the teams a few places below them (Pars apart) County can effectively go into cruise control now and probably still win most games.

A point wouldn’t be the worst against a rejuvenated Falkirk team and it would also plunge QOTS into a wee bit more danger so that would amuse me slightly.

Love your posts pal, on all sorts of things.

fully understand your views but I hope you kind of get what I mean. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

SueSue seems rather angry at the thought of a point. Bit odd IMO. But thats only IMO.

Don’t you think supporting a team clear at the top of the league you should be thinking you will beat any team in the league at home?

if they are 2 0 down and get a point then it’s a good point but days before the game kicks off people think a point is a good result. 

I honestly don’t think I am being a dickwit.

I promise I am far from angry. 

Only my opinion mind ....... nice one !!

I, personally, would be disappointed with anything other than requiring brackets for our score over this cannon-fodder.

Ross County 7 (Seven) Generic Southern Team 0

There we go, is everyone happy now?

16 minutes ago, Spain said:

I, personally, would be disappointed with anything other than requiring brackets for our score over this cannon-fodder.

Ross County 7 (Seven) Generic Southern Team 0

There we go, is everyone happy now?

7 (SEVEN) -0, as if such a thing would ever happen, wait a minute...

f**k going for a draw, I think County will be looking for the three points on Tuesday night.

27 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

We’re capable of getting a result. Hopefully that will be the case

This league without getting into the standard has always been the same that everyone can get a result, I'd suggest Brechin broke the mould but they did get a few draws.

Never been a happy hunting ground for us, I'm was thinking the last win was a midweek game under Hughes but didn't remember the win in our first season back to this division, plenty drink made the game a sideshow.

No reason why we can't get a result but County on the back of 5 straight league wins isn't a fluke, I'd ask County to be on holiday mode on the return visit but I don't think we will need that

Hold the phone, how have we managed to get this far into the thread without mentioning the last time we played Falkirk in March while sitting at the top of the table?

This coming Sunday will be the 7 year anniversary of "The Falkirk Streaker".

Hold the phone, how have we managed to get this far into the thread without mentioning the last time we played Falkirk in March while sitting at the top of the table?
Wid?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, Spain said:

Wid?

Wid, did, and will again.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
43 minutes ago, Spain said:

Wid?

Think it was a chap, but whatever floats your boat I suppose. 

Might even have been Mr Dust, he's got previous, sort of.

Archived