Ross County v Falkirk, Tuesday, 12th March

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A point would be like a win for us I feel. Look RC you are 8 points ahead with a game in hand so why don't your players just take it easy and save your efforts for Saturday. You know it makes sense

Hope we don’t keep something in the bank for Saturday we are playing Friday night

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Last time DKD was out Waddington started. And scored.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team against Alloa is the same team on Tuesday night.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us line up like that either.

Even if it is I'd hope we still go two up front rather than Rudden on his own like at Alloa. County will leave big spaces going forward which Petra could thrive on 

County were awful the last time we played them with a side much worse than we have now.  They cant be that bad again though and dingwall is a  very difficult place to  go  especially with very little backing on a freezing tues night.  A tight game and if we take anything it would be a major bonus.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

County were awful the last time we played them with a side much worse than we have now.  They cant be that bad again though and dingwall is a  very difficult place to  go  especially with very little backing on a freezing tues night.  A tight game and if we take anything it would be a major bonus.

Yup we started DKD who was mince.

Opposition fans righting us off again before they have seen us in the flesh. We ain’t pretty but we are big, physical and effective in how we go about it. Free hit this for us. Would not be surprised if we got something

12 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I'd doubt that one goal margin either way or a draw.

Whether Falkirk go four or five at the back, they are well set up to get something out of this game.  Osman isn't the player he was at Thistle a couple of years ago, but at this level players are bouncing off him when they try to attack down the middle.  That leaves McManus with blind alleys to run into.  There will be a lot of space for County's full-backs to drive into, but with Falkirk having so much pace on the break and the midfielders to release it then the handbrake might be kept on for a while.

6/1 is a good price for them.  

Have to say I am glad McKay is out. He is the one I wouldnt want our defence to have to handle. Graham wont trouble Edge physicality wise and McManus is basically a busy jobber. Of course he can pop up with the odd goal here and there and cause trouble but hes at his level. McKay is maybe the one thats better than this level.

I wouldnt move to a back 5 tbh. It is something of a free hit and there no reaaon to introduce such a change into a team thats doing well and developing a good defensive understanding.

I would put Waddington in for DKD. He presents a different problem and his aerial ability could help the ball stick up there if we dont want to throw Todorov in beside Rudden. Plus I like watching Waddington charging about.

McShane penalty in the 87th minute for the win please.

11 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

They were awful. Although they are deservedly top off the league (and expectedly given their budget) I think they will miss McKay giving us a chance.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Actually he was our worst player and the first player subbed off that night.  Watson and Vigurs were our best players that night.

I remember him being your only real attacking threat that night and was happy to see him going off when he did especially when it was that big haddy graham coming on. Never looked like scoring after that.

Is Stewart back for this?

This is our game in hand, so a point would not be the worst result ever with a potential nine point lead and far better goal difference.

36 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Is Stewart back for this?

This is our game in hand, so a point would not be the worst result ever with a potential nine point lead and far better goal difference.

How can you be happy with a draw against any team in this league. Especially when eight points clear as it stands.

If you are happy with a point against Falkirk I don’t hold out much hope when you are in the Premier League next season.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I remember him being your only real attacking threat that night and was happy to see him going off when he did especially when it was that big haddy graham coming on. Never looked like scoring after that.

I remember that clearly not being the case. ETA: the bit about Graham was true right enough.

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Except they did.

Archived