9th versus 7th

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Big game for both clubs, plenty of away fans travelling down for it as it may be the last time cowden get an away day to berwick for a while. Going for a 2-0 away win, mon the coo

I remember the last game down there last season, in the sunshine, thinking it might be our last trip down. I said to a few Berwick fans that for them it's like they are on death row waiting for the call. Horrible place to be (although I don't think it would be as bad if it was two up and two down (or similar)). Unless Albion Rovers can miraculously improve, Berwick are safe. However, it only takes a win for Rovers and the panic sets in.

We are getting into the silly season now for some matches where there isn't much to play for and that's when you get some surprise results.

Beath have nothing to play for and Berwick played well at Edinburgh on Tuesday. 

I'm quietly confident we'll get a rare win. (Mind you, I thought we'd beat Elgin and we got dicked).

28 minutes ago, Redcar said:

I'm quietly confident we'll get a rare win. (Mind you, I thought we'd beat Elgin and we got dicked).

We've lots to play for.  We've not beaten a team in all 4 league games in a season since beating East Fife in every game back in 2011/12.  Our mantlepiece needs something!!

43 minutes ago, Redcar said:

We can be poor, but we can also be very good, especially if we play our best players. Hard to predict tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is not too bad.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

We've lots to play for.  We've not beaten a team in all 4 league games in a season since beating East Fife in every game back in 2011/12.  Our mantlepiece needs something!!

I was gonna say that's pretty sad, but then I've a felling getting the same scalps 4 times in the same season will have been a while ago for us too.

11 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I was gonna say that's pretty sad, but then I've a felling getting the same scalps 4 times in the same season will have been a while ago for us too.

Er, last season.

Cowdenbeath!!!! 

My shite banter aside, I'd like to pick up a point tomorrow.

Ideally a win, just so we can get a little bit closer to not becoming the worst 9th-placed team in League 2 history (Elgin are current holders of that record, finishing with 25 points somewhere in the 00's). With both 10th and 8th most likely out of reach (and thank God for that), not going down in history is the best thing we can hope for.

The Bino's having been donated 3 points and 3 goals by the Clyde admin team gives a wee bit more significance to our desire for a win today. TBF, it doesn't actually mean Rovers have any more ability to pick up 4 more. 'mon The Borderers.

1 minute ago, A Believer said:

The Bino's having been donated 3 points and 3 goals by the Clyde admin team gives a wee bit more significance to our desire for a win today. TBF, it doesn't actually mean Rovers have any more ability to pick up 4 more. 'mon The Borderers.

Bino's? Nerves starting to jangle there a bit. Four points isn't that much. Rovers have picked 3 up already this weekend.

Actually pissing myself at Cowdenbeath FC. Claimed they were on a promotion charge via the play-offs and now they can't even beat our worst ever side. What a club :lol:  

Epic fail. We all know you’re bricking it.

Archived