A lot of rain about today and overnight

glensmad

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Given how badly Lochburn Park cut up last week, I'd be amazed if Maryhill's game is on tomorrow.

As will we.

By all accounts the rain couldn't have timed itself any better last week - two hours of sheets of it coming down on an already-heavy park coinciding with the game.

With the amount of rain we've had during the week on top of that, from what I hear it's unlikely at best. Obviously it'll be left to the officials to call it off, but I think the fact we've not bothered to get the match programme printed this week tells its own story.

8 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

As will we.

By all accounts the rain couldn't have timed itself any better last week - two hours of sheets of it coming down on an already-heavy park coinciding with the game.

With the amount of rain we've had during the week on top of that, from what I hear it's unlikely at best. Obviously it'll be left to the officials to call it off, but I think the fact we've not bothered to get the match programme printed this week tells its own story.

Is there any prospect of getting the drainage issues sorted out at the park mate?

1 minute ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Is there any prospect of getting the drainage issues sorted out at the park mate?

By and large, it's not appreciably worse than most grass parks - it's rarely if ever the only game off, although it's fair to say that if there are a good few games off it'll more than likely be one of them.

Having the two teams playing on it this season probably hasn't helped , as the pitch isn't really getting the break it needs....the drains were actually relaid a couple of years ago after we discovered some bright spark back in the day had infilled one with sand rather than gravel, which meant it gradually clogged up over time!

Essentially you can lay the blame squarely at the feet of out late Victorian predecessors though - they were the ones who though it would be a great idea to build a ground featuring a sunken pitch right next to a canal :)

Normally the lesmahagow match would already be off however the drainage work's really well at craighead.  If there's no more really heavy rain overnight then I'm quietly confident our match with our friends from forth should be ok.

Same here larky9
Am at the back door just now and it's battering down so I suspect the candy game might also fall
I'm just up the hill from JMP in Barmulloch and it's been almost constant rain since late afternoon.

4 hours ago, larky9 said:

If it keeps up Larkhall Thistle game will be off,it's been on non-stop today and the covers have been on in the worst affected areas of the park

Aye can't see it going ahead at all, after the shock abandonment last week and the heavy rain all day I can see it getting called off early to save Craigmark the long trip from Ayrshire.

The grass around the town is really soggy so it looks like Asda with the wife unless I can find an emegency backup fixture :o

13 hours ago, Gowlad said:

Normally the lesmahagow match would already be off however the drainage work's really well at craighead.  If there's no more really heavy rain overnight then I'm quietly confident our match with our friends from forth should be ok.

Unfortunately just too much rain and there's also sleet in the gow at the moment. Lesmahagow v forth wanderers off.  Hopefully better weather next week as the gow host saltcoats Victoria.

Archived