• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Unusual chance for both sets of fans to join in the communal singing of "Let's all laugh at Clyde" :lol: :thumsup2

Unusual chance for both sets of fans to join in the communal singing of "Let's all laugh at Clyde" :lol: :thumsup2

I think most of Scottish football will have a resigned chuckle.

Taking this in as I couldn’t make it through for our game.

Are the wee fannies with a megaphone and drum a regular thing?

55 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Surely this is Gow's last game for us. Liability.

Amazed at the red card. Did he actually put a tackle in? 

Surely this is Gow's last game for us. Liability.

He was the only uninjured one who didn’t get on the Elgin bus and now he won’t be going to Berwick midweek either. Coincidence?

Great first 30 minutes. Total guff in the second.

Biggest positive from today for me has to be that the sun was in my eyes for most of the game so I missed quite a lot of what was happening on the park.

From what I did see, we were rubbish, Josh Walker looks done at this and any level, Queens were unlucky to lose, their lad that got sent off is an idiot, Henderson probably should have been sent off, Watson at least tried and of course, lol @ Clyde.

Having said all that we’re finishing the day in a helluva lot stronger position than we started so that’ll do me.

14 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He was the only uninjured one who didn’t get on the Elgin bus and now he won’t be going to Berwick midweek either. Coincidence?

Great first 30 minutes. Total guff in the second.

At least he'll now literally be forced into not playing him. Good in two games and that's his lot. Legs just don't have what's required for this level. 

At least he'll now literally be forced into not playing him. Good in two games and that's his lot. Legs just don't have what's required for this level. 

Legs. Heart. Soul. It’s become embarrassing.

As if the windy conditions were not bad enough to assure it was never going to be a pretty spectacle along comes a referee who looked as though this was his first game - absolute shocker.

I know that officials are under ridiculous pressure, but the referee today seemed out of his depth. Certainly not to blame for the defeat but very poor.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Legs. Heart. Soul. It’s become embarrassing.

Surely now for the rest of the league games  he should prepare for next season and get  the younger and senior players playing that he wants to keep 

5 minutes ago, Shoogs73 said:

Surely now for the rest of the league games  he should prepare for next season and get  the younger and senior players playing that he wants to keep 

I think that's what Roberts has been trying to do. He's binned the players he wasn't keen on such as Lachlan, fotheringham, Smart and the Kindlan brothers. I'd imagine the vast majority of the players playing just now will be asked to stay on for next season.

Just now, qpfc said:

I think that's what Roberts has been trying to do. He's binned the players he wasn't keen on such as Lachlan, fotheringham, Smart and the Kindlan brothers. I'd imagine the vast majority of the players playing just now will be asked to stay on for next season.

Lachlan was a baffling one. Easily good enough. 

On 09/03/2019 at 20:43, Shoogs73 said:

Yip. I've praised Gow in the past when I felt it was due but Saturday can't be defended. His first booking was harsh imo but to put in that challenge not long after was ridiculous for such an experienced player. It didn't look much at the time but their guy has been carried off so it was obviously merited. I trust he apologised to everyone in the dressing room afterwards as that killed us getting any sort of momentum going in the second half  which was going to be hard enough against 11 men. Edinburgh had plenty of chances after that to finish the game off before they eventually did. First half might have been different if Hawke had anticipated and got in front of the defender after a great ball from Galt across the box rather than wait for it 

Time now to play Moore from the start until the end of the season. He's quick, enthusiastic, and a big plus is his commitment (travels from Lochgilphead to training and matches I believe)  That goal at Elgin must have boosted his confidence, it was a bit harsh to bench him after the Annan hurricane

23 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Yip. I've praised Gow in the past when I felt it was due but Saturday can't be defended. His first booking was harsh imo but to put in that challenge not long after was ridiculous for such an experienced player. It didn't look much at the time but their guy has been carried off so it was obviously merited. I trust he apologised to everyone in the dressing room afterwards as that killed us getting any sort of momentum going in the second half  which was going to be hard enough against 11 men. Edinburgh had plenty of chances after that to finish the game off before they eventually did. First half might have been different if Hawke had anticipated and got in front of the defender after a great ball from Galt across the box rather than wait for it 

Time now to play Moore from the start until the end of the season. He's quick, enthusiastic, and a big plus is his commitment (travels from Lochgilphead to training and matches I believe)  That goal at Elgin must have boosted his confidence, it was a bit harsh to bench him after the Annan hurricane

Get East starting aswell. Looks terrific when running at players. Surprised he's not had more minutes since the Clyde game 

City have historically played shite against 10 men. I thought Gow's dismissal was a cunning tactical plan....  

City have historically played shite against 10 men. I thought Gow's dismissal was a cunning tactical plan....  

We did our bit.......