Biggest positive from today for me has to be that the sun was in my eyes for most of the game so I missed quite a lot of what was happening on the park.

From what I did see, we were rubbish, Josh Walker looks done at this and any level, Queens were unlucky to lose, their lad that got sent off is an idiot, Henderson probably should have been sent off, Watson at least tried and of course, lol @ Clyde.

Having said all that we’re finishing the day in a helluva lot stronger position than we started so that’ll do me.

14 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He was the only uninjured one who didn’t get on the Elgin bus and now he won’t be going to Berwick midweek either. Coincidence?

Great first 30 minutes. Total guff in the second.

At least he'll now literally be forced into not playing him. Good in two games and that's his lot. Legs just don't have what's required for this level. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Legs. Heart. Soul. It’s become embarrassing.

Surely now for the rest of the league games  he should prepare for next season and get  the younger and senior players playing that he wants to keep 

5 minutes ago, Shoogs73 said:

Surely now for the rest of the league games  he should prepare for next season and get  the younger and senior players playing that he wants to keep 

I think that's what Roberts has been trying to do. He's binned the players he wasn't keen on such as Lachlan, fotheringham, Smart and the Kindlan brothers. I'd imagine the vast majority of the players playing just now will be asked to stay on for next season.

Just now, qpfc said:

I think that's what Roberts has been trying to do. He's binned the players he wasn't keen on such as Lachlan, fotheringham, Smart and the Kindlan brothers. I'd imagine the vast majority of the players playing just now will be asked to stay on for next season.

Lachlan was a baffling one. Easily good enough. 

On 09/03/2019 at 20:43, Shoogs73 said:

Yip. I've praised Gow in the past when I felt it was due but Saturday can't be defended. His first booking was harsh imo but to put in that challenge not long after was ridiculous for such an experienced player. It didn't look much at the time but their guy has been carried off so it was obviously merited. I trust he apologised to everyone in the dressing room afterwards as that killed us getting any sort of momentum going in the second half  which was going to be hard enough against 11 men. Edinburgh had plenty of chances after that to finish the game off before they eventually did. First half might have been different if Hawke had anticipated and got in front of the defender after a great ball from Galt across the box rather than wait for it 

Time now to play Moore from the start until the end of the season. He's quick, enthusiastic, and a big plus is his commitment (travels from Lochgilphead to training and matches I believe)  That goal at Elgin must have boosted his confidence, it was a bit harsh to bench him after the Annan hurricane

23 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Yip. I've praised Gow in the past when I felt it was due but Saturday can't be defended. His first booking was harsh imo but to put in that challenge not long after was ridiculous for such an experienced player. It didn't look much at the time but their guy has been carried off so it was obviously merited. I trust he apologised to everyone in the dressing room afterwards as that killed us getting any sort of momentum going in the second half  which was going to be hard enough against 11 men. Edinburgh had plenty of chances after that to finish the game off before they eventually did. First half might have been different if Hawke had anticipated and got in front of the defender after a great ball from Galt across the box rather than wait for it 

Time now to play Moore from the start until the end of the season. He's quick, enthusiastic, and a big plus is his commitment (travels from Lochgilphead to training and matches I believe)  That goal at Elgin must have boosted his confidence, it was a bit harsh to bench him after the Annan hurricane

Get East starting aswell. Looks terrific when running at players. Surprised he's not had more minutes since the Clyde game 

Archived