Fife's Walking Dead vs Stranraer

That’s a massive 3 points considering the players unavailable and the fact that Dumbarton are starting to motor up the table. We still have a reasonable cushion over Montrose and Dumbarton at the moment though, if we can beat Stenny midweek, we are pretty much secured at least 4th.

Good to see Agnew back, we’ve certainly missed him. Now, we just need Dowds and Currie back for the run in.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind ruined game and draw would have been fair. East Fife pushed towards the end as you would expect. Then centre stage here comes the ref. It appears well i stand corrected if wrong. However all of us including people closer thought Kevin Smith played the ball out. Result East Fife score. Then on top of that they score from a soft freekick. Stinking result. I would have taken a draw at a difficult venue beforehand but that decision sums our luck up.

It was 3pts we needed and got. After scoring we lost a bit of discipline and became a bit gun ho, allowing Stranraer back into the game with a soft looking goal. We were the better team and got the result we wanted. Brilliant free kick from Linton

First half would get Football stopped,wind played a part right enough,Grant Anderson had a free header from 6 yds out score or hit the target surely,only one chance from 2 teams in 45 poor stuff.Second half we don't come out of blocks,EF get the goal,exactly same as Raith game last week.Our best play came after that and we get the deserved leveller from KT.Looked odds on for a draw step in Barry Cook Mr ref.Gives an imaginary corner to EF on 89,guess what they score.Step up again Mr Cook on 93,the boy goes down quicker than Monica Lewinsky and the Ref buys it,Soft as ever you'll see,yip you've guessed 3_1.They say these things even themselves up,having a bubble bath,3 big decision s have gone against us in recent weeks,I'm still waiting,we soldier on despite playing against 12 I'm recent weeks.

9 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

First half would get Football stopped,wind played a part right enough,Grant Anderson had a free header from 6 yds out score or hit the target surely,only one chance from 2 teams in 45 poor stuff.Second half we don't come out of blocks,EF get the goal,exactly same as Raith game last week.Our best play came after that and we get the deserved leveller from KT.Looked odds on for a draw step in Barry Cook Mr ref.Gives an imaginary corner to EF on 89,guess what they score.Step up again Mr Cook on 93,the boy goes down quicker than Monica Lewinsky and the Ref buys it,Soft as ever you'll see,yip you've guessed 3_1.They say these things even themselves up,having a bubble bath,3 big decision s have gone against us in recent weeks,I'm still waiting,we soldier on despite playing against 12 I'm recent weeks.

image.gif

Completely and utterly got away with that. Thought on the whole Stranraer were actually marginally the better side. Dealt with the wind against them much better than we did and kept us under pressure throughout. Stranraer assistant tearing his hair out towards the stand side linesman after the 2nd goal was thoroughly entertaining though. A welcome 3 points and absolutely delighted to see Agnew back for us and hopefully Watson isn't too far away.

Absolutely not at all we were by far the better team. We should have scored a lot more in the second half

Credit to the gaffer for replacing a holding midfielder with a forward when the game was already stretched. That took a bit of balls and probably turned the contest in our favour...
Sorry,but I called that one before HT. We were crying out for support to JC, and it would only happen when we were with the wind. Thought he'd left it a bit late tbh, but hey ho, it paid off , in the very very end. Great 2pts, and hopefully kick on a run again.

Sorry,but I called that one before HT. We were crying out for support to JC, and it would only happen when we were with the wind. Thought he'd left it a bit late tbh, but hey ho, it paid off , in the very very end. Great 2pts, and hopefully kick on a run again.
3pts*

Amazing win and bit of a boost going into tuesday evening, great news to hear Aggy, Brexter and Janny was back amongst the squad pool today superb hopefully the rest thats out aint not far away in recovering and the gaffer will have a spoil choice on his hands once they do.

Great free kick at the end by Ronaldo esque Scotty Linton once again his sublime free kick just pity much tied up the win, good to see the team chipping in a few goals there and there. Onto the next game as its a race to cement our place in something iv not seen east fife archive which is Above 5th place but were on the right tracks and every point we earn at this stage vital in us finishing there or being pimped by AirdrieO or Sons to one, lets kick on.

MonTheFife

I actually left at around 87 mins as the game was absolutely terrible to watch and the conditions were bad. East Fife were very poor yesterday and i cant understand anyone saying they were the better team? They had a header first half which should have been 1-0 and Long had to be counted on 2 occasions second half. Our first goal was scrappy just as the game had been until that point and it didnt change much afterwards. Meggatt must have gave the ball away half a dozen times at the back and Court was non existant. Considering the players missing it was definetly a big and good 3 points but we rode our luck and on another day could have been 3-1 stranraer. Some good changes from the DY at the right times kept us in the game and its great to awe Aggy back. Hopefully Tuesday will be a bit better and we can make it 11 clear in 4th. Couldnt believe that game produced another 2 goals the way things were going up till 87 mins haha

4 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Amazing win and bit of a boost going into tuesday evening, great news to hear Aggy, Brexter and Janny was back amongst the squad pool today superb hopefully the rest thats out aint not far away in recovering and the gaffer will have a spoil choice on his hands once they do.

Great free kick at the end by Ronaldo esque Scotty Linton once again his sublime free kick just pity much tied up the win, good to see the team chipping in a few goals there and there. Onto the next game as its a race to cement our place in something iv not seen east fife archive which is Above 5th place but were on the right tracks and every point we earn at this stage vital in us finishing there or being pimped by AirdrieO or Sons to one, lets kick on.

MonTheFife

Their first half header was not registered as a 'shot on target' so no goal there.
It was a shite first half, one of the worst I have watched this season, when we scored, the team lost their discipline, their shape and with a bit of patience I think we could have went on and won this game more easier than we did.
We got the 3pts, keep supporting the team and just remember how many games these guys have played.

On 3/9/2019 at 19:00, DDLL said:

It was 3pts we needed and got. After scoring we lost a bit of discipline and became a bit gun ho, allowing Stranraer back into the game with a soft looking goal. We were the better team and got the result we wanted. Brilliant free kick from Linton

Agree we were the better team got the job done great to see Aggy back hopefully Currie and Dowds will be back soon:thumsup2

3 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

The keepers positioning was truly awful though. He was hiding behind his wall for some reason.

Must have been such a midget to hide behind any sort of wall and Max Currie playing as a sweeper rather goalie for them :lol: which wont be the case how many times have we seen a free kick perfect as our very own defender/midfider in Ronaldo'Linton put them away. 3/3 if you include two last year...

Why such a negative vibe from MM and the need to pin posts, we all have dreams and i believe a play off is there for us just like the appointment of DY in his second season.

Meant to say in my rant about the inept and useless Cook,Kyle Turner got hacked down in the centre circle in a break away attack by Stranraer,useless Cook waved play on and the rules state he should have booked the EF player after play stopped because the player tried to stop a forward move by fouling,the pathetic performance was enhanced when he wagged a finger at the player instead of a yellow card,doesn't he even know the laws of the game,you couldn't make it up.

Meant to say in my rant about the inept and useless Cook,Kyle Turner got hacked down in the centre circle in a break away attack by Stranraer,useless Cook waved play on and the rules state he should have booked the EF player after play stopped because the player tried to stop a forward move by fouling,the pathetic performance was enhanced when he wagged a finger at the player instead of a yellow card,doesn't he even know the laws of the game,you couldn't make it up.
"Despite playing against 12"

You make it sound as If referees at this level have agendas against certain clubs in lower divisions.
The standard of refereeing is shite, its not biased, its not giving all the decisions against 1 team, it's just shite.
If you think someone actually takes the time to think they'll purposely give decisions against diddys like us in some kind of League 1 vandetta, you're seriously off yer chump.
Suck it up, its not changing anytime soon and just remember that the next time your team benefits from a dodgy decision, which let's be honest will probably happen in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

"Despite playing against 12"

You make it sound as If referees at this level have agendas against certain clubs in lower divisions.
The standard of refereeing is shite, its not biased, its not giving all the decisions against 1 team, it's just shite.
If you think someone actually takes the time to think they'll purposely give decisions against diddys like us in some kind of League 1 vandetta, you're seriously off yer chump.
Suck it up, its not changing anytime soon and just remember that the next time your team benefits from a dodgy decision, which let's be honest will probably happen in the next few weeks.

Don't really think your getting what I mean,I actually think there is a couple of decent refs in this League and I know it's a hard task.I just thought Saturday was about as bad as I've seen for ages,when it costs you a certain point and your struggling for points the build up off bad decisions just puts you over the edge.The ref on Saturday is renowned for giving soft free kicks and although it didn't matter on Saturday,it really did sum up his performance.But it's in the bye and I'll be waiting for all this to even itself up,and then again maybe not.

Don't really think your getting what I mean,I actually think there is a couple of decent refs in this League and I know it's a hard task.I just thought Saturday was about as bad as I've seen for ages,when it costs you a certain point and your struggling for points the build up off bad decisions just puts you over the edge.The ref on Saturday is renowned for giving soft free kicks and although it didn't matter on Saturday,it really did sum up his performance.But it's in the bye and I'll be waiting for all this to even itself up,and then again maybe not.
On the other hand, the ref for the Airdrie Montrose game a week past there was as consistent as I've seen for a while. Alan Newlands tried to keep his cards in the pocket and played advantage where he could. The fact both sides came away from the game and no-one mentioned the ref much speaks volumes.
Its sad though indicator though that these anonymous performances are the best we can hope for.

Archived