Fife's Walking Dead vs Stranraer

Seen as though  it's Thursday and nobody's started a thread! We've shown we're a better side than Stranraer this season but give nobody seems to have any idea what kind of team we can put out here, this could go either way. We deserved the win at their place last time (what a goddamn game) but their pitch is a massive leveller, if we can get more first teamers back into the lineup and get our passing going we should be OK. Lets hope we can get some of our regulars back, particularly Dowds and Brett so we've got a bit more confidence in the sticks and some sort of ability to put the ball in the net at the other end of the pitch. If fitness allows I'd like to see us return to 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. In an ideal world, injuries permitting:

Brett

Watson Dunlop Meggatt Pat

Dunsmore Davo Sparky Watt

Currie Dowds 

I'm not sure on the seriousness of anyones injuries except Aggy (anyone got an update? :() so there's at least four players in there that might not be available. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off topic , but there are major road works continuing this weekend affecting Scoonie Brae between Letham Glen roundabout and Cupar Road roundabout.

If coming from either the East Neuk or Cupar , I would allow yourselves extra time to get to Bayview as you may have to follow diversions via Kennoway.Last weekend Scoonie Brae was completely closed to traffic.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Seen as though  it's Thursday and nobody's started a thread! We've shown we're a better side than Stranraer this season but give nobody seems to have any idea what kind of team we can put out here, this could go either way. We deserved the win at their place last time (what a goddamn game) but their pitch is a massive leveller, if we can get more first teamers back into the lineup and get our passing going we should be OK. Lets hope we can get some of our regulars back, particularly Dowds and Brett so we've got a bit more confidence in the sticks and some sort of ability to put the ball in the net at the other end of the pitch. If fitness allows I'd like to see us return to 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. In an ideal world, injuries permitting:

Brett

Watson Dunlop Meggatt Pat

Dunsmore Davo Sparky Watt

Currie Dowds 

I'm not sure on the seriousness of anyones injuries except Aggy (anyone got an update? :() so there's at least four players in there that might not be available. 

I think Sammy you are showing a leap of faith with that line up.Looking at your line up on Tuesday night I think you've more chance of hearing me say 'I just love plastic pitches'than seeing that 11.If you listen to the excellent Stranraer FC podcast review of the game you'll hear Stranraer have only lost one of there last 9 at Methill,so we go there with a bit of confidence playing a team injury strewn and not won in 6.

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

I think Sammy you are showing a leap of faith with that line up.Looking at your line up on Tuesday night I think you've more chance of hearing me say 'I just love plastic pitches'than seeing that 11.If you listen to the excellent Stranraer FC podcast review of the game you'll hear Stranraer have only lost one of there last 9 at Methill,so we go there with a bit of confidence playing a team injury strewn and not won in 6.

Currie was just an illness from what I've heard, but an illness can be anything from a cold to pneumonia, so no idea on that front. The other three I fully admit to putting in more in hope than expectation...

I view this game today a MUST WIN after seeing 2pts from four league games since the Ross county/Partick cup matches, hopefully a turn of luck in either form and injuries wise.

Im hoping we nick this one after Stranny the last outcome it NB!! Ps MonTheFife....:)

On 07/03/2019 at 13:44, sammytroot said:

Slightly off topic , but there are major road works continuing this weekend affecting Scoonie Brae between Letham Glen roundabout and Cupar Road roundabout.

If coming from either the East Neuk or Cupar , I would allow yourselves extra time to get to Bayview as you may have to follow diversions via Kennoway.Last weekend Scoonie Brae was completely closed to traffic.

Scoonie Brae closed today. Leave early. Diversions via Kennoway.

Same outfield 10 as Tuesday but Brett is back in goals, BUT the big news is that Aggy and Janny are on the bench, excellent news if they are this close to full fitness!!!

Completely and utterly got away with that. Thought on the whole Stranraer were actually marginally the better side. Dealt with the wind against them much better than we did and kept us under pressure throughout. Stranraer assistant tearing his hair out towards the stand side linesman after the 2nd goal was thoroughly entertaining though. A welcome 3 points and absolutely delighted to see Agnew back for us and hopefully Watson isn't too far away.

Completely and utterly got away with that. Thought on the whole Stranraer were actually marginally the better side. Dealt with the wind against them much better than we did and kept us under pressure throughout. Stranraer assistant tearing his hair out towards the stand side linesman after the 2nd goal was thoroughly entertaining though. A welcome 3 points and absolutely delighted to see Agnew back for us and hopefully Watson isn't too far away.

Going to disagree with most of that!!! 

The Team that deserved the win got it, it only feels like a smash and grab because we left it so late, Stranraer were most definitely not the better side and if they coped with the conditions better than us how did they not score when the had it to their advantage and how did they let three in when they were playing against it???

When we were under pressure from them was only on breakaways usually starting from us losing possession in their half and them pumping it long it would have been a travesty had they won that and it was very nearly one when it looked like it was going to be a draw!!!

Their Coach was going mental at our 2nd as it came from a corner which to me looked like it should have been a bye-kick to them, it looked like Kev was the last man to touch it, but thems the breaks, we've had plenty going against us recently about time we got one!!!

But as you said, good to see Aggy back and he looked up for it and went in for a couple of meaty challenges which showed he's not holding back because of his injury which is good and Watson doesn't look far away as well, get them all fit and we could end this season on a high yet!!!

The wind certainly spoiled the game from an entertainment point of view.

From an EF point of view I thought that there was a lack of energy from the players, hardly surprising given the 5 games played within the last 2 weeks. THere was also a degree of anxiety in their play .

Excellent to see Long back in goals, Agnew coming on in the second half, and Craig Watson back on the bench. Hopefully Currie and Dowds will be back soon as there is clearly a place for both of them in the starting line-up.

Stranraer were certainly workman -like and will surely pick up points as the season progresses.

A step in the right direction for EF.Onwards and upwards.

Archived