The Buddies v The Killie

Only one team was really going to win that, but I think a point would have been a fair result. Shame that we conceded after finally deciding to go for a win, bringing on a second striker, but that's the gamble in a nutshell.

Seems strange to highlight Killie's defence after a game in which we didn't really threaten very much, but they just look so solid. As mentioned above, Findlay was excellent.

For us, Lyons was a bit disappointing, and McAllister didn't get into the game as much as I'd hope. I'm not one of those who screams to play with two strikers all the time, as if they haven't watched football in the past 15 years, but I think we can do it - especially if we're playing 3/5 at the back. It's got to be worth a go.

Special mention to that horrendous/brilliant challenge on Nazon. It was only ever going to be a yellow because of the position on the pitch and the players around him, but it's as strong a yellow as you'll ever see. A c**t pundit would probably call it an orange. Absolutely zero attempt whatsoever to play the ball :lol:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only one team was really going to win that, but I think a point would have been a fair result. Shame that we conceded after finally deciding to go for a win, bringing on a second striker, but that's the gamble in a nutshell.
Seems strange to highlight Killie's defence after a game in which we didn't really threaten very much, but they just look so solid. As mentioned above, Findlay was excellent.
For us, Lyons was a bit disappointing, and McAllister didn't get into the game as much as I'd hope. I'm not one of those who screams to play with two strikers all the time, as if they haven't watched football in the past 15 years, but I think we can do it - especially if we're playing 3/5 at the back. It's got to be worth a go.
Special mention to that horrendous/brilliant challenge on Nazon. It was only ever going to be a yellow because of the position on the pitch and the players around him, but it's as strong a yellow as you'll ever see. A c**t pundit would probably call it an orange. Absolutely zero attempt whatsoever to play the ball :lol:

Is Nazon the number 9? Are you referring to McAleneys foul on the half way line?

Was one of the funniest fouls I’ve ever seen, personally I think that should be a red card.

Is Nazon the number 9? Are you referring to McAleneys foul on the half way line?

Was one of the funniest fouls I’ve ever seen, personally I think that should be a red card.

It was a cracker - probably a red if Nazon is 10 yards closer to goal. Would imagine the referee (who overall had a good game IMO) gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Was good to see the difference Nazon made to us, once we eventually got the ball to him - he’s almost impossible to shift off the ball and looks like a pretty direct kind of player.

Killie probably deserved the win over the piece, but it’s nice to see us actually competing with teams in the top half of the table now! Hladky seems so assured in goal, and Popescu seems to be building a good partnership with Baird. Midfield clearly disrupted by the late change, and Tansey was a miss in there as well.

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Yeah, that's the one. Cynical as they come. That's not necessarily a criticism.

I'm not really sure how it's any different to just kicking someone, which would be a red. 

24 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

McAleneys foul on the half way line

Forgot to mention this last night as you scored soon after, but that was the best part of the game for me. Fucking superb 'you're going absolutely nowhere' challenge.

Horrendous conditions so was never going to be a classic but I did think there was effort from both teams to try keep it on the deck and pass it.
Killie were deserving of the win, a lot more intent. Credit to st. Mirren I thought they were organised well and set up to counter decent. Thought Findlay and Power were tremendous for us. Jones never kicked a ball and Brophy struggled as well. Burke again incredible effort for a 47 year old. A good 3 points!

On 12/03/2019 at 08:34, Dindeleux said:

It's a true art form that a single foul can make you angry, really impress you and give you a proper laugh all at the same time. 

It was an act of brilliant b*****dry. 

Guest Moomintroll
It's a true art form that a single foul can make you angry, really impress you and give you a proper laugh all at the same time. 
My honest opinion, aside from the fact is was our foul in the first place, was that McAlenys foul was a red card due to the position of his studs. VAR would have given us at least 2 penalties by that point however. What annoyed me was the fuckwitteried commentary that continually confidently asserted that somehow the laws of the game do not apply if it's a bit damp.

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Kilmarnock took a huge stride towards securing our top six place after Liam Millar struck late to earn a 1-0 win over St Mirren.

The on-loan Liverpool forward latched onto Eamonn Brophy's centre to find the net and end Killie's winless run and goal drought in one fell swoop.

The result leaves Killie 10 points clear of seventh place Motherwell with 12 points left to play for before the Premiership splits into two groups of six.

Greg Taylor and Eamonn Brophy returned to the starting XI with Rory McKenzie in midfield alongside Alan Power and Gary Dicker.

Brophy and Chris Burke both tested Saints goalkeeper Vaclav Hladky in the early stages with Simeon Jackson looking sharp for the hosts at the other end.

Without a win in eight games and with Saints coming into the match off the back of a late win against Livingston, the onus was on Steve Clarke's men to respond.

Backed a large visiting support on a wet and wild Monday night, the Killie squad battled well to match their opponents with the wind at their backs.

Things changed after the break with Killie able to show increased attacking intent with Rory McKenzie seeing a penalty claim waved away despite it looking as though the attacker was brought down in the penalty area.

Our last goal had come through Chris Burke on February 6 and it looked like being another frustrating evening in front of goal as Brophy saw his quick turn and shot hit the post and bounce back out.

Stuart Findlay had to look alert at the other end of the field with two superb defensive blocks to deny Jackson as he ran in on goal.

And the defender's fine form was rewarded when Killie broke up the park and made the all important breakthrough.

Liam Millar and Conor McAleny were introduced to the action and the former was to make his mark in the best possible fashion. 

Burke found Brophy and his ball across the face of goal was nudged into the net by the sliding Millar for his first goal in senior football. It sparked scenes of celebration in the away end as the Killie bench signalled for Aaron Tshibola to get ready to take to the field.

He helped Killie see the match out for a hugely important three points after a tough run of results.

Kilmarnock: Bachmann; O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor; Power, Dicker, Burke, Jones (Millar), McKenzie (McAleny), Brophy (Tshibola) 

Attendance: 4,458 (1,214 Killie fans) 

What tabloid do you work for?

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What annoyed me was the fuckwitteried commentary that continually confidently asserted that somehow the laws of the game do not apply if it's a bit damp.

:lol: I had to turn the sound down in the end.

30 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
46 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

My honest opinion, aside from the fact is was our foul in the first place, was that McAlenys foul was a red card due to the position of his studs. VAR would have given us at least 2 penalties by that point however. What annoyed me was the fuckwitteried commentary that continually confidently asserted that somehow the laws of the game do not apply if it's a bit damp.

Fuckwitteried must be a candidate for entry into the Oxford English Dictionary IMO 

55 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Exactly, Same here - I find that ex-players are the worst people to be the co-comentators / colour men...I really think theyhave never actually read the laws of the game they actually played.

Every time i hear the phrase  "there was definetly contact.."  in reference to a penalty claim I resist the urge to scream at the TV.

in respect of McAlenly challange whoever was on the commenterary last night mention Braodfoots reaction as "looking for a foul prior to McAlenys challange"  but anyone who has played knows that Broadfoot himself thought it was going to be a red card and tried a bit of whataboutery to place some doubt and confusion in the refs head by getting all up in his face. It was a red all day, monsoon conditions or not.

That was the best referee performance I have seen in years the game now days is for a bunch of cheats and he never allowed them to con him for the penaltys f**k sake you tickle a player these days they go down looking for a penalty. So we'll done ref for not letting the cheats con you. 

Just now, elvis said:

That was the best referee performance I have seen in years the game now days is for a bunch of cheats and he never allowed them to con him for the penaltys f**k sake you tickle a player these days they go down looking for a penalty. So we'll done ref for not letting the cheats con you. 

Yup, I'd agree with this.  Thought the ref had a good game.  

Sickener at the end, but more green shoots.  Looking more and more likely that things will come down to the H2H matches.  

Couple of killy players caught the eye last night.  Other than looking like Jens Pasleck, Burke played well.  

3 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Yup, I'd agree with this.  Thought the ref had a good game.  

Sickener at the end, but more green shoots.  Looking more and more likely that things will come down to the H2H matches.  

Couple of killy players caught the eye last night.  Other than looking like Jens Pasleck, Burke played well.  

Burke is a baller ....for an old man 

Guest Moomintroll
Fuckwitteried must be a candidate for entry into the Oxford English Dictionary IMO 
Will give you the Citation, I can't be arsed.

Archived