The Buddies v The Killie

Although the Saints are still planted at the arse end of the table, their last three games have seen them beat Livi and draw with Hearts and Aberdeen.

Similarly, whilst the all-conquering juggernaut has been spluttering a little of late - we've not won since the last week in January - there were flashes of decency against Motherwell in shitey conditions last week.

If we can get the shooting boots on, maybe giving young Liam Millar a run out, there's no reason we can't win this.

2 - 0 Killie.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

2-0 Saints Popescu and Nazone with the goals.

Is that the Duck's Italian cousin?! :P

I have this perception that we never do well in front of the cameras, but I don't really think that's a thing. 1-1 draw.

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I have this perception that we never do well in front of the cameras, but I don't really think that's a thing. 1-1 draw.

Wasn't this live?

44 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I’m blaming this typo on my inability to operate my new Android smartphone. Samsung mobiles are a pile of shite. :P

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Wasn't this live?

It may well have been: I missed it as it was my ex's birthday dinner out (plus, y'know, it was a few days after that cup final that we don't talk about). Miserable dinner with her fucking parents who I hated. Fortunately we split a few weeks later.

Wait... what were we talking about?

(Edit: also live on telly was the quarter final against Celtic the previous year - ten years ago yesterday :blink: .)

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Wasn't this live?

That was absolutely sensational. The kind of day that makes it worth putting up with all the diddy team insults and more from the two cheeks when they come to your bit and you absolutely turn them over. I thought it was a great achievement when we beat them 1-0 a few weeks earlier, but I was very jealous of this one.

Regarding Monday I hope that our winter training camp will do us some good. We've had a big Greg Stewart-shaped hole in the middle of the team for a few weeks now and I'm hoping that someone can fit in and fill it. 

A few weeks ago I'd have said if we could come away with a point it would be a fantastic result. 

Now however, given our recent slight upturn in fortunes coupled with Killie struggling a wee bit to pick up results by their own lofty standards, I'd love to somehow scrape a win. 

Will still be more than happy with a point as I understand that two home wins in a row (much less four games unbeaten) is absolute greed and I should never so much as suggest that. 

Archived