Cumnock v Auchinleck score predictions

Talbot supporter

Were you watching the same game?!

I watched the game and it was a definite penalty. Just because it wasn’t a leg breaking challenge doesn’t mean it wasn’t a penalty. Lundie jumped into Samson committing a foul therefore it was a penalty. If it was anywhere else on the pitch outside the box it would also have been a free kick!

Talbot were there for the taking yesterday so Cumnock fans have only their manager to blame for the defeat for his game plan which was to slow the game down at every opportunity and hound the ref constantly. If you actually had a go at Talbot who knows what would have happened so don’t blame the ref for defeat.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People on here talk about Nocknosh being a bit stupid , however, I think that this poster is giving him/ her a run for their money

Firstly, the penalty looked as if it was outside the box and I didn’t think it was a penalty
However, being at the other end of the pitch I wasn’t in best place to give an opinion
However, the “challenge” by Wilson on Montgomerie was a straight red card every day of the week
From where I was standing you seen him deliberately elbow the man in the face , which was confirmed to me by two other people who were taking in the game as their teams game was off

As far as Cumnock not making a game of it , it takes two teams to make a game, if Cumnock were so bad, why were Talbot not running over Cumnock .

Spoke to my auld mate George Caldwell , who I think knows a bit about fitba and him, and his two mates , said it was the worst game they had seen for many a long day

Ref was a joke

Semple booked for talking back - correct
Montgomerie booked for talking back
Shankland running over to the wee linesman and giving him pelters , straight after Montgomerie got his card for disputing a decision - nothing

That was the issue - lack of consistency

There were at least 4-5 times the linesmen were giving a throw in one way , to Cumnock, and he overruled them to give it the other way
Without the penalty , we would still have been playing as neither looked like they would score

5 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

People on here talk about Nocknosh being a bit stupid , however, I think that this poster is giving him/ her a run for their money

Firstly, the penalty looked as if it was outside the box and I didn’t think it was a penalty
However, being at the other end of the pitch I wasn’t in best place to give an opinion
However, the “challenge” by Wilson on Montgomerie was a straight red card every day of the week
From where I was standing you seen him deliberately elbow the man in the face , which was confirmed to me by two other people who were taking in the game as their teams game was off

As far as Cumnock not making a game of it , it takes two teams to make a game, if Cumnock were so bad, why were Talbot not running over Cumnock .

Spoke to my auld mate George Caldwell , who I think knows a bit about fitba and him, and his two mates , said it was the worst game they had seen for many a long day

Ref was a joke

Shankland running over to the wee linesman and giving him pelters , straight after Montgomerie got his card for disputing a decision - nothing

There were at least 4-5 times the linesmen were giving a throw in one way , to Cumnock, and he overruled them to give it the other way
Without the penalty , we would still have been playing as neither looked like they would score

I was straight in line with it and actually shouted for a free kick as I thought it was marginally outside the box, but it was still a foul. I also think the referee had a torrid time of it due to Burns and his cohorts continually surrounding him for every decision. I agree with Mr Caldwell it was a howler of a match but as I already said in this thread that on that plazzy pitch I would have taken a 1-0 win and the three points. 

Ref was a joke

That’s as poor as Talbot have played all season hence the reason I said they were there for the taking but Cumnock were more interested in killing the game at every opportunity

From where I was it looked just inside the box either way it was a foul on Samson and the ref gave a penalty. Didn’t have a good view of the incident with Wilson and monty so cant comment but monty was booked in the 1st half then near the end committed 3 fouls and wasn’t given a 2nd yellow but you won’t mention that or the fair challenge from Hyslop that got him booked

It amazes me that a grown man has to resort to name calling when somebody voices their opinion on a game that doesn’t agree with your own. Shows your mentality

The cumnock committee were shouting after the game that they had video evidence that it wasnt a penalty, obviously a lot of pish or it would of been plastered all over social media by now, i was also right down that end of the park and thought the ref called it right i also think he had a nightmare and was card happy

Brutal game but all that matters is the 3 points.

Like other Bot fans have said, it was arguably our worst performance of the season but we still managed the win.

We're now sitting in a very strong position within touching distance of Hurlford with plenty of games in hand.

As for Cumnock they'll probably just avoid relegation but that's no certainty.  They've 3  games left to play and will possibly need 4 points to make sure; no easy task when you carry no goal threat  

8 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Glenafton should be our main rivals nowadays.
In comparison to the old firm Cumnock would be considered Patrick Thistle

8 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Last team to beat Talbot in the league

Last team to beat Talbot in the league
It also proves that you don't need to be in the central belt area to be a big team. Two far away East Ayrshire teams beating the best, yet the club in the middle who arguably have the biggest access to funds and fans are struggling. Is it their mind set or lack of community?

Watched the game yesterday as a neutral, wasn't much of a game, Talbot were far superior in all areas, penalty award was very soft happened right in front of me, Cumnock looked very average, Paul burns can't possibly be in charge next season, he's not even doing it as a player never mind as a manager, in fact Cumnock offered nothing really, didn't seem to have a striker being truthful they didn't need one yesterday, as he'd have got no service, ref must have booked 11-12 players and a would say 9-10 of the bookings were for decent by mouth, heard so much about these derby's, blood thunder, all in all it was a timmed affair

Watched the game yesterday as a neutral, wasn't much of a game, Talbot were far superior in all areas, penalty award was very soft happened right in front of me, Cumnock looked very average, Paul burns can't possibly be in charge next season, he's not even doing it as a player never mind as a manager, in fact Cumnock offered nothing really, didn't seem to have a striker being truthful they didn't need one yesterday, as he'd have got no service, ref must have booked 11-12 players and a would say 9-10 of the bookings were for decent by mouth, heard so much about these derby's, blood thunder, all in all it was a timmed affair

Burns will 100% be in charge next year. Down to the bare bones yesterday with a few players missing through injury and suspension. Set the team up as best we could not to concede and unlucky not to achieve that. Irrespective of the result yesterday and where we finish there is a positive vibe around the place regards future plans and management team are absolutely part of that.

Burns will 100% be in charge next year. Down to the bare bones yesterday with a few players missing through injury and suspension. Set the team up as best we could not to concede and unlucky not to achieve that. Irrespective of the result yesterday and where we finish there is a positive vibe around the place regards future plans and management team are absolutely part of that.
Well a can only offer use good luck, a really hope Cumnock have a big budget as recruitment is most definitely needed, wee number 6 was miles off the pace, burns wasnt the player he used to be either and if he's serious about managing then he needs a player for his position, he can't manage from the centre of the pitch but overall the team looked as though they lacked all over , my own personal opinion burns appointment as manager could be a costly mistake for Cumnocks long term future, big wages on average players was the general impression a got from the Cumnock supporters I spoke to yesterday,

Well a can only offer use good luck, a really hope Cumnock have a big budget as recruitment is most definitely needed, wee number 6 was miles off the pace, burns wasnt the player he used to be either and if he's serious about managing then he needs a player for his position, he can't manage from the centre of the pitch but overall the team looked as though they lacked all over , my own personal opinion burns appointment as manager could be a costly mistake for Cumnocks long term future, big wages on average players was the general impression a got from the Cumnock supporters I spoke to yesterday,

We live in hope, players will come and go, budget will be a big factor like majority of clubs. In terms of Burns not being the player he used to be....IMO; man of the match performance against the champions last week.

Guest Nocknosh1988
3 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

The Cumnock v tablet derby is much biggger than Tablet  glens . Glens had a one season wonder and have been woeful since . 

Is this based on watching one game v the best team currently in junior football, that Burns is not good enough to manage Cumnock? Surely every manager deserves a chance to bring in his own players and then see what happens?
Either that or you are not quite a neutral...

Archived