Cumnock v Auchinleck score predictions

Talbot supporter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The law of averages is the fallacious belief that a particular outcome or event is inevitable or certain simply because it is statistically possible.[1][2] Depending on context or application it can be considered a valid common-sense observation or a misunderstanding of probability. This notion can lead to the gambler's fallacy when one becomes convinced that a particular outcome must come soon simply because it has not occurred recently (e.g. believing that because three consecutive coin flips yielded heads, the next coin flip must be virtually guaranteed to be tails).
As invoked in everyday life, the "law" usually reflects wishful thinking or a poor understanding of statistics rather than any mathematical principle. While there is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample, the law of averages typically assumes that unnatural short-term "balance" must occur.[3] Typical applications also generally assume no bias in the underlying probability distribution, which is frequently at odds with the empirical evidence

So u saying the law of averages is a load of nonsense?

The law of averages is the fallacious belief that a particular outcome or event is inevitable or certain simply because it is statistically possible.[1][2] Depending on context or application it can be considered a valid common-sense observation or a misunderstanding of probability. This notion can lead to the gambler's fallacy when one becomes convinced that a particular outcome must come soon simply because it has not occurred recently (e.g. believing that because three consecutive coin flips yielded heads, the next coin flip must be virtually guaranteed to be tails).
As invoked in everyday life, the "law" usually reflects wishful thinking or a poor understanding of statistics rather than any mathematical principle. While there is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample, the law of averages typically assumes that unnatural short-term "balance" must occur.[3] Typical applications also generally assume no bias in the underlying probability distribution, which is frequently at odds with the empirical evidence
Another Google copy and paste expert

36 minutes ago, andy25 said:
43 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
Probably need to be on full game for that to occur

Played 90 minutes last week.

Did he? I've been wondering why he hasn't starting. Always seems to make an impact when he comes on as a sub. 

41 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Did he? I've been wondering why he hasn't starting. Always seems to make an impact when he comes on as a sub. 

Well jb,....or to use what seems to be your new Native American handle,jimbaxter who lives thousands of miles away*..it's good to see that while you don't actually attend games,you maintain a healthy interest in your team.8)

* I would probably have gone with Howls At The Moon, or Dances With Yorkies but,as they say on here..hey ho.:)  

1 minute ago, tommyboy said:

Well jb,....or to use what seems to be your new Native American handle,jimbaxter who lives thousands of miles away*..it's good to see that while you don't actually attend games,you maintain a healthy interest in your team.8)

* I would probably have gone with Howls At The Moon, or Dances With Yorkies but,as they say on here..hey ho.:)  

Haha. Aye, the lad seems to be taking a keen interest in me. I should be flattered as he's obviously a very popular fella!

Played 90 minutes last week.
The best super sub in the league, bring him on at the 55-65 minute mark and he will usually bring something to the game which incurs a win for us.
All his energy is put into that time period.
Put him out full game he has a tenancy to switch off for long periods. Injuries hasn't helped the young boy either.

Archived