level of football

The standard of league has definitely dropped but you can only beat whats in front of you, last nites top of league match was great advert for the south tho two really fit teams ,game played at pace alot of football on the deck its up to other teams to try and get up to that standard fitness wise

• 1 month later...

Yep, at least I think so; Threave, Saints, Wigtown and Newton usually did better than that... also Dalbeattie when they played in the league. The EOS in recent times looks more stronger that SOS (what if the West Juniors join SOS..?)

Never seen so many good young players playing in the South. This was forced upon some clubs who had to play a bigger percentage of 18 and under boys than they would have wished but I believe it has turned into a good thing for all concerned. They are learning the hard way but they are playing good football. Stranraer is a great example of how you need probably 4 or 5 experienced players to form a backbone o9f a really successful South team.

As to West Juniors joining IMO, it would be better all round if they formed their own league either alongside the South or even a tier above.

West Juniors know the benefits of localized football at a grassroots level and so I hope do the South.