• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Loon From Outta Toon

Brechin City vs Forfar Athletic - Angus Derby - 9th March 2019.

Creating the thread for once as haven’t seen one created yet.

Any changes to the line up required after a convincing win at home to East Fife?

Personally would like to see Reilly & Spencer play in the middle, haven’t been too convinced with Irvine since coming into the side.

The rest I would leave alone, looking very dangerous going forward and quite solid at the back.

Much needed 3 points this weekend I feel if we are to push on and command play off spot.

Can we overturn what happened to us at the Glebe back in November?

Or will it be another humiliation horror show?

In what world would anyone want to change the line up from the East Fife game?

Same again boys, Reilly will get his chance again but for me Irvine and Spencer continue.

Shitfest of a game heading our way. If we score first we'll win. 0-0 probable score though.

In what world would anyone want to change the line up from the East Fife game?
Same again boys, Reilly will get his chance again but for me Irvine and Spencer continue.

Agreed, don’t change a winning formula.

Been very impressed with Spencer so far.

Can't make it to this one (not that ill miss much) can't see us getting any thing out of this forfar are flying just now. It's not going to end well

Forfar just need to score a goal to get at least a draw,  score 2 and the 3 points are in the bag really cannot see how with the current crop and how the team is setup we will score more than a goal at most. Kavanagh is fucking hopeless and the new guy Jamieson did not have a great debut ( being very kind ) but hopefully he will improve with a couple of games. You are hearing a few people including myself wondering if what is happening now is any better than during Dods days :o

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Forfar just need to score a goal to get at least a draw,  score 2 and the 3 points are in the bag really cannot see how with the current crop and how the team is setup we will score more than a goal at most. Kavanagh is fucking hopeless and the new guy Jamieson did not have a great debut ( being very kind ) but hopefully he will improve with a couple of games. You are hearing a few people including myself wondering if what is happening now is any better than during Dods days :o

Jamieson's debut was on Saturday at Stenny when he came on as a sub and he was one of the players who deserved a bit of credit along with Paddy down there. 

Agree about Kavanagh though.  

If there are no injury worries I'd expect Forfar to have the same eleven that started against East Fife. The squad seem to be  working well together and the team are showing a good understanding of each others way of playing. JW is doing a grand job and the players are responding.

Can see this being an entertaining game  - well, it is a derby- but Forfar just too strong in defence and too sharp in attack, so a Forfar win.

If there are no injury worries I'd expect Forfar to have the same eleven that started against East Fife. The squad seem to be  working well together and the team are showing a good understanding of each others way of playing. JW is doing a grand job and the players are responding.
Can see this being an entertaining game  - well, it is a derby- but Forfar just too strong in defence and too sharp in attack, so a Forfar win.

I really can't see it being entertaining tbh. Brechin to shut up shop and we won't be able to break through.
It'll be like the last 70 minutes of the Montrose game.

10 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I really can't see it being entertaining tbh. Brechin to shut up shop and we won't be able to break through.
It'll be like the last 70 minutes of the Montrose game.

Hope springs eternal and all that. If it's anything like that game I'll be the one screaming "get me out of here". Maybe not the only one, right enough.

Hope springs eternal and all that. If it's anything like that game I'll be the one screaming "get me out of here". Maybe not the only one, right enough.

We played right into the hands on Montrose that game. Hopefully Weir has something sorted for this one.

Looks like the weather will be making a guest appearance at this one today. 40-50mph gusts.

awa to get the bus up to Brechin wie my mate (he's a big baldy Farfar b*****d :lol: ) few beers / watch the game /  back for more beers to ease the depression:thumsup2

On 07/03/2019 at 07:47, theoriginalhedge said:

Jamieson's debut was on Saturday at Stenny when he came on as a sub and he was one of the players who deserved a bit of credit along with Paddy down there. 

Agree about Kavanagh though.  

Well he wisae very gid on Tuesday:thumsup2

awa to get the bus up to Brechin wie my mate (he's a big baldy Farfar b*****d  ) few beers / watch the game /  back for more beers to ease the depression:thumsup2
I'm a big baldy Farfar b*****d and occasionally attend Glebe Park with a Brechin supporting mate. Funny old world.

2pts chucked you would think, but after that 1st half i was happy with a point.

Didn't realise it was a "let's gift Brechin two goals" derby. All over the place in the first half with Brechin first to nearly every ball. Still, two cracking goals with Easton's an absolute beauty ending a fantastic build up. Some of the really good midfield interplay which is becoming our trademark. Just tighten up all round for next week.

Food on offer - Skirlie pie? I don't think so. But the soup was good.