Brechin City vs Forfar Athletic - Angus Derby - 9th March 2019.

Creating the thread for once as haven’t seen one created yet.

Any changes to the line up required after a convincing win at home to East Fife?

Personally would like to see Reilly & Spencer play in the middle, haven’t been too convinced with Irvine since coming into the side.

The rest I would leave alone, looking very dangerous going forward and quite solid at the back.

Much needed 3 points this weekend I feel if we are to push on and command play off spot.

Can we overturn what happened to us at the Glebe back in November?

Or will it be another humiliation horror show?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack
In what world would anyone want to change the line up from the East Fife game?
Same again boys, Reilly will get his chance again but for me Irvine and Spencer continue.

Agreed, don’t change a winning formula.

Been very impressed with Spencer so far.

Forfar just need to score a goal to get at least a draw,  score 2 and the 3 points are in the bag really cannot see how with the current crop and how the team is setup we will score more than a goal at most. Kavanagh is fucking hopeless and the new guy Jamieson did not have a great debut ( being very kind ) but hopefully he will improve with a couple of games. You are hearing a few people including myself wondering if what is happening now is any better than during Dods days :o

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Forfar just need to score a goal to get at least a draw,  score 2 and the 3 points are in the bag really cannot see how with the current crop and how the team is setup we will score more than a goal at most. Kavanagh is fucking hopeless and the new guy Jamieson did not have a great debut ( being very kind ) but hopefully he will improve with a couple of games. You are hearing a few people including myself wondering if what is happening now is any better than during Dods days :o

Jamieson's debut was on Saturday at Stenny when he came on as a sub and he was one of the players who deserved a bit of credit along with Paddy down there. 

Agree about Kavanagh though.  

If there are no injury worries I'd expect Forfar to have the same eleven that started against East Fife. The squad seem to be  working well together and the team are showing a good understanding of each others way of playing. JW is doing a grand job and the players are responding.

Can see this being an entertaining game  - well, it is a derby- but Forfar just too strong in defence and too sharp in attack, so a Forfar win.

If there are no injury worries I'd expect Forfar to have the same eleven that started against East Fife. The squad seem to be  working well together and the team are showing a good understanding of each others way of playing. JW is doing a grand job and the players are responding.
Can see this being an entertaining game  - well, it is a derby- but Forfar just too strong in defence and too sharp in attack, so a Forfar win.

I really can't see it being entertaining tbh. Brechin to shut up shop and we won't be able to break through.
It'll be like the last 70 minutes of the Montrose game.

10 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I really can't see it being entertaining tbh. Brechin to shut up shop and we won't be able to break through.
It'll be like the last 70 minutes of the Montrose game.

Hope springs eternal and all that. If it's anything like that game I'll be the one screaming "get me out of here". Maybe not the only one, right enough.

Hope springs eternal and all that. If it's anything like that game I'll be the one screaming "get me out of here". Maybe not the only one, right enough.

We played right into the hands on Montrose that game. Hopefully Weir has something sorted for this one.

awa to get the bus up to Brechin wie my mate (he's a big baldy Farfar b*****d [emoji38] ) few beers / watch the game /  back for more beers to ease the depression:thumsup2
I'm a big baldy Farfar b*****d and occasionally attend Glebe Park with a Brechin supporting mate. Funny old world.

Didn't realise it was a "let's gift Brechin two goals" derby. All over the place in the first half with Brechin first to nearly every ball. Still, two cracking goals with Easton's an absolute beauty ending a fantastic build up. Some of the really good midfield interplay which is becoming our trademark. Just tighten up all round for next week.

Food on offer - Skirlie pie? I don't think so. But the soup was good.

Archived