Brechin City vs Forfar Athletic - Angus Derby - 9th March 2019.

8 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Yous scored from 2 counter attacks?!!

Forfar dominated possession but never took enough chances first half..

Nah min . Farfar dominated for the last 5 mins of the first half maybe .  Your  first goal was was a gift from Paul McLean who was caught well out of position leaving Easton in acres of space. 

That is basically what changed the game as it put the usual negative thoughts in our lot's heids.   The second half we sat far too deep and decided to try and shut up shop and hit occasionally on the break. 

Don't know why Kavanagh lasted the full 90 minutes either. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt either team will be very happy with that point. We were fine going forward but defensively poor again and was fearing another hiding when McCallum chucked the second in. Spencer and Easton best for us.

Smith and Dodds have really done a number on Brechin’s fans. Must be the lowest I’ve seen there in a long time.

45 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

I doubt either team will be very happy with that point. We were fine going forward but defensively poor again and was fearing another hiding when McCallum chucked the second in. Spencer and Easton best for us.

Smith and Dodds have really done a number on Brechin’s fans. Must be the lowest I’ve seen there in a long time.

The committee have a big job on their hands trying to entice fans back it will not happen with our negative tactics and playing useless strikers like Kavanagh running about like a headless chicken contributing nothing,he is  worse than Caldwell was.:eek:

12 hours ago, OldRed said:

Don’t see where you get “the better side “ from - one half each I think. We hit the post - you hit the bar again evens.

I certainly thought they were tbf. They must have had a sizeable chunk of possession as the best we did was keep it for 10 secs before hit and hopes forward. Kavanagh's first touch for these were consistently abysmal. 

The second half felt like little more than a failed hold on job and what could have been a late winner for Forfar wouldn't have be an injustice imho. They looked far more threatening. 

Guest bernardblack
It's no panic, he's not a winger.

It’s a panic if you change it after one bad game.

Scored two weeks ago
Goal (wrongly) chopped off last week.

I like the right hand side. No coincidence Meechan has lots of assists, as Bain playing there allows him to get down the line as Bain will cover.

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Scored two weeks ago

I like the right hand side. No coincidence Meechan has lots of assists, as Bain playing there allows him to get down the line as Bain will cover.

Winger or not he’s more of a threat than Moore is and certainly more help defensively.

20 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Scored two weeks ago

It's not panic to try and identify the weak links.  I'd rather we were all out attack aswell to be honest and Moore was playing really well there prior to his injury.

On 10/03/2019 at 14:03, theoriginalhedge said:

What makes you think that ? :rolleyes:

More to the point, Can the linos handle the pressure of the play offs this year ? 

Genuine question, I was impressed with Brechin when they beat us so surprised to see them where they are. 

11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Great finish from Brad and Dylan, but the keeper was badly at fault for both Brechin goals, need a big performance from him this week.

Yeah Marc at fault ( wtf is he doing for second goal)but the defence hardly cover themselves in glory for either goal.

2 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Yeah Marc at fault ( wtf is he doing for second goal)but the defence hardly cover themselves in glory for either goal.

Agreed.....but both would have been  food and drink  for him last season.

Archived