Policing at Football whitewash

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Arsenal fan just pitch invaded and confronted Chris Smalling, it will be very interesting to see the media and authorities reaction to the two English incidents today in relation to their reaction over the incidents in Scotland...............

Who gives a f**k what the English say or do about anything...?

4 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Who gives a f**k what the English say or do about anything...?

Where do you want me to start with this one ?

Unfortunately our  British "host broadcasters" are Skysports & BTSport however when they cover English Football it's the hear no evil see no evil attitude but where Scotland is concerned they want us all hung, drawn and quartered, stands closed etc.

So Yes, I feel we DO need to draw comparisons as WHY do the pundits working for these broadcasters ignore English incidents but go to town as it were if it's a Scottish incident ??

Is it political ?

is it financial ?

You tell me............

41 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Unfortunately our  British "host broadcasters" are Skysports & BTSport however when they cover English Football it's the hear no evil see no evil attitude but where Scotland is concerned they want us all hung, drawn and quartered, stands closed etc.

So Yes, I feel we DO need to draw comparisons as WHY do the pundits working for these broadcasters ignore English incidents but go to town as it were if it's a Scottish incident ??

Is it political ?

is it financial ?

You tell me............

The incidents in Scotland have been disappointing and have to be stopped.  Anything similar happening in England, and the response to it [from anyone] means hee-haw to me.

I certainly give a f**k. Because the football authorities up here clearly look at England, and therefore will be paying attention to any action they may take. Whether they SHOULD is another matter entirely. I'd like them to grow some balls on their own, but a response from our neighbours might be helpful here.

2 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Looks like the top tier. Is this a breakaway group, disillusioned with the direction the GB is taking?

It is, top corner between the Jock Stein and North Stand, they are guys that fell out with/were kicked out of the GB and started their own fan ultra group type thing.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

To be fair, I'd be quite happy to see the bigot sister's fans getting tear gassed and having volleys of plastic bullets fired into them. Water cannons and soap too please. 

Advocating tear gas and rubber bullets being fired at supporters you don't like, stay classy.

Is it political ?
is it financial ?
You tell me............

One possibly is that events at Easter Road are local news in the media here so we get more coverage than what goes on in Birmingham.

Presumably if you live in the West Midlands the effect would be reversed

14 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

One possibly is that events at Easter Road are local news in the media here so we get more coverage than what goes on in Birmingham.

Presumably if you live in the West Midlands the effect would be reversed

It was more the reaction of the pundits and commentators I was referring.

In English football they try and paper over it but in Scottish football they have the full focus on it with constant replays and discussions about what they think "could" happen or "should" happen and how much it's a "disgrace" etc.

My own thoughts is that Sky & BT have paid so much for their English coverage that they are afraid of bad mouthing the product for fear of some sort of reprisals, however they couldn't give a toss about us so are only to happy to run our game into the ground.

Cynical view ? 

Most definitely..............

20 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

To be fair, I'd be quite happy to see the bigot sister's fans getting tear gassed and having volleys of plastic bullets fired into them. Water cannons and soap too please. 

Aye but whit colour soap?

• 3 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 16:11, McDanger27 said:

Strange to have 2 representatives from South Yorkshire Police on the review panel for a report on safety standards given the events that particular force have been involved in.

Police Scotland report further exposed as a shambles today

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/14/south-yorkshire-police-changes-approach-football-criticism

South Yorkshire police is to change its approach to policing football after an internal review following its operation at the Sheffield derby in March, which was heavily criticised by supporters as heavy-handed, violent and dangerous.

The Sheffield derby was on March 4, the Police Scotland report was on March 6. I wonder if Police Scotland will have to hold a further review in light of this. Oops.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I was just about to post that as well.

With a warning that you will obviously identify yourself to them if you click on it unless you 'take precautions'. Of course you've nothing to fear if you've nothing to hide. 🙄

Maybe not a good idea for someone with your particular moniker.

3 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

Maybe not a good idea for someone with your particular moniker.

😃

Aye, I reckon I've popped up on GCHQ's database since I use this username everywhere. They'll be bored shitless if they have to trawl through the drivel that I post. Feel sorry for whoever got that job.