The Binos v Albion Rovers

We face bottom side Albion Rovers at Forthbank on Saturday in a game the Binos are expected to win but Rovers fighting to get off the bottom spot will no doubt make it difficult for us. 

Team wise expect a couple of changes to the team that beat Cowdenbeath last week with Darren Smith out suspended and the return of Lee Hamilton from injury after coming on as sub at Cowdenbeath. Should see the return as well of Jordan McGregor from injury thou he may not start but be on the bench. 

Prediction Binos 2 Albion Rovers 0           :thumsup2

23 minutes ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Albion Rovers will park the bus and make it tough to break down.  But Stirling  are patient and I predict 1-0 at HT. 3-0 FT.

With Peterhead home to Annan - could this be the start of a catch up chase? 

Certainly hope so but we need other teams to do us a favour and beat Annan plus of course we need to win games. After Albion Rovers  we face Clyde away at Broadwood need to get something from this game, then we face Berwick home, again  should be 3 points and next game tricky one at Queens Park. 

Albion Rovers have improved under Kevin Harper and he has managed to bring in a few decent players over the past couple of months, however, anything other than a win here would be pretty embarrassing for the club, especially when we have all been waxing lyrical about the job that KR and Martin Hardie have done this far.

Darren Smith is obviously suspended for the match, and he'll be a loss, a lot of what is good about us going forward comes from Smith and he is always a danger, but we have got the players to damage Albion. 

A massive game for both clubs, espcially after Albion Rovers getting their 2nd win of the season against Clyde :lol:

Hopefully another win for the Albion that keeps our faint play off hopes alive.

Kevin Rutkiewicz: “Credit to Albion Rovers - they were the better team and deserved to win. They looked hungrier than we did and there was a lack of desire from us. We certainly had chances but we were second best by quite a distance.”

Play Offs, forget about it, that was an absolute shocker by us today and well done to Albion Rovers for batting to the win.

I missed the opening 20 minutes due to my daughter being involved in a dance show, but I actually wish I hadn’t of bothered coming along now, as that’s how half our playing team looked for large periods of the game. Sure, we had chances and on another day Peasowoukd of scored a tap in and another keeper wouldn’t have gotten to Mackin’s header but it would of been an injustice if we’d of won that.

Our ball retention was shocking, on a pitch that is every bit as bad as Cliftonhill, i’d rather us play on a good synthetic surface than our pitch in it’s current state. We didn’t react to anything that was going on, all to easy to watch the ball trundle into space and there are simply too many players not good enough.

I’ve backed KR from Day 1 and I still believe he’s the man, but questions have to be asked about his January recruitment as another week passes where his signings have flattered to deceive and look no better than what we had or in some cases, possibly worse.

Again Calum Ferrie has kept us in the game, Danny Jardine tried but is wasted out wide, Lee Hamilton looked like he was further down the road of recovery than I first thought, Dylan Mackin battles away and and I also thought Jordan Allan was really......other than that, there are. I prositibes to take away so i’ll leave things at that.

2 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

Kevin Rutkiewicz: “Credit to Albion Rovers - they were the better team and deserved to win. They looked hungrier than we did and there was a lack of desire from us. We certainly had chances but we were second best by quite a distance.”

Spot on we were shocking today, despite creating a couple of chances in the second half we did not deserve anything from this game today, well done Rovers for the win, good luck for the rest of the season. For us season must surely be over and time to plan for next season. 

BB BINO totally agree with your quote when KR came in for Dave mcKay it wouldnt be hard to change and he did however there is no creactivity now guys going through the motions maybe KR has to look at himself i know its early days in his management  career but there are good players here that can hopefully kick us on time will tell

Albion Rovers deserved that win for their keepers save at the end. One of the best saves Ive seen down at Forthbank.

That’s the third time I’ve seen the lad, and he has really impressed me each time, even when we beat them 5-0 at Cliftonhill.

Not sure if he is on loan from Motherwell or has actually signed but either way I’m sure his performances haven’t gone unnoticed at other clubs........unless he’s been a complete haddy against other teams in the league [emoji23]

15 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Play Offs, forget about it, that was an absolute shocker by us today and well done to Albion Rovers for batting to the win.

I missed the opening 20 minutes due to my daughter being involved in a dance show, but I actually wish I hadn’t of bothered coming along now, as that’s how half our playing team looked for large periods of the game. Sure, we had chances and on another day Peasowoukd of scored a tap in and another keeper wouldn’t have gotten to Mackin’s header but it would of been an injustice if we’d of won that.

Our ball retention was shocking, on a pitch that is every bit as bad as Cliftonhill, i’d rather us play on a good synthetic surface than our pitch in it’s current state. We didn’t react to anything that was going on, all to easy to watch the ball trundle into space and there are simply too many players not good enough.

I’ve backed KR from Day 1 and I still believe he’s the man, but questions have to be asked about his January recruitment as another week passes where his signings have flattered to deceive and look no better than what we had or in some cases, possibly worse.

Again Calum Ferrie has kept us in the game, Danny Jardine tried but is wasted out wide, Lee Hamilton looked like he was further down the road of recovery than I first thought, Dylan Mackin battles away and and I also thought Jordan Allan was really......other than that, there are. I prositibes to take away so i’ll leave things at that.

I agree with everything said BB Bino.  Maybe we need to go back to the middle three of Ronan, Dom and Danny.  It was working well.  Kevin is a new manager and will learn from this season.  We also need three new players to strengthen the team- a tough defender, strong midfielder and a striker.  Come on The Bino's Board...pull out the cheque book please.  Support the manager and push for promotion next season.  

That’s the third time I’ve seen the lad, and he has really impressed me each time, even when we beat them 5-0 at Cliftonhill.

Not sure if he is on loan from Motherwell or has actually signed but either way I’m sure his performances haven’t gone unnoticed at other clubs........unless he’s been a complete haddy against other teams in the league [emoji23]
Yeh hes on loan, went through a spell recently he made a few mistakes but has made some superb saves

Archived