Potential New Pyramid League ( West Sector)

Talbot 1978

1 minute ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It’s already devalued with the big East clubs away.

Thats not to say you'd do away with it. But if west gets in and who knows what will happen with ersjfa that it might just be a west north and tayside cup next season.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres no way its happening next season now, the parties involved can’t even agree on anything in principle let alone sit down and agree to changes in promotion, play offs etc.

The West Region clubs were told by the West Region management at the General Meeting two weeks ago that it is defintiely happening.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

The West Region clubs were told by the West Region management at the General Meeting two weeks ago that it is defintiely happening.

Thats because they will be getting told that by TJ who in the notes from the meetings was having a fit because he wasn't getting his way. I think the West will get in but its what happens with the east

Considering our last-ever game as a junior club was at Forfar West End, that is bizarre. Fine, it was a Saturday, but given the ridiculous fixture backlog we used to have most years it could easily have been on a midweek. 
I think our travel is less now than it would have been had we stayed junior, because we don't cross the Tay other than for potential Scottish Cup ties.
As for the point of this thread, it's for their fans to decide but personally I'd love to see a club like Auchinleck Talbot find their level in Scottish football. IMO they could realistically reach the level of an Alloa or Dumbarton and frequently be playing in the Championship. Beating Ayr was a shock, but it wasn't a fluke. 
Yes it was.

I believe it will happen for the west region at some point, but given we dont have anywhere near agreement at PWG nor any sign of other changes from the other strands of the pyramid I absolutely cant see how its going to happen in time for July. This even more so if theres any legal action.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Thats because they will be getting told that by TJ who in the notes from the meetings was having a fit because he wasn't getting his way. I think the West will get in but its what happens with the east

You have stirred my interest Alan! Are you able to tell us what are the outstanding issues that were highlighted?

1 minute ago, Pyramidic said:

You have stirred my interest Alan! Are you able to tell us what are the outstanding issues that were highlighted?

Burnieman shared the notes over other posts. He wasn't happy at the eosfl putting the kabosh on the juniors just simply dropping into the pyramid and wanting maxwell to put his foot down on the matter

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-debate-junior-football-prepares-12717228 

It was Wick trip he was complaining about not the forfar one. my mistake

Ah. That was a real one-off, if the tie had gone ahead on a Saturday as planned it would have been fine, but it was postponed over and over. In the end I think we made the trip without a single real substitute. 

8 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
1 hour ago, GordonS said:
Considering our last-ever game as a junior club was at Forfar West End, that is bizarre. Fine, it was a Saturday, but given the ridiculous fixture backlog we used to have most years it could easily have been on a midweek. 
I think our travel is less now than it would have been had we stayed junior, because we don't cross the Tay other than for potential Scottish Cup ties.
As for the point of this thread, it's for their fans to decide but personally I'd love to see a club like Auchinleck Talbot find their level in Scottish football. IMO they could realistically reach the level of an Alloa or Dumbarton and frequently be playing in the Championship. Beating Ayr was a shock, but it wasn't a fluke. 

Yes it was.

I watched the game, and no it wasn't. 

Alan the Camelon fan how do you know this information?

Who is your source my friend?

TJ asked IM to alert the Scottish FA Board to the direction of travel as he felt, due to the concerns raised at this meeting, that there could be an issue with the working group being able to comply with a Board directive.

This is the actual minute

Ie it would all be fine if it were not for those pesky EOS Kids (Well old gits)

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

This is why I'm a little surprised TJ seems to be advocating an "all in or none in" stance. If teams don't want to join the Pyramid, they shouldn't be forced to so to allow them to okay where they want, I'd suggest setting up a West of Scotland League(s) then having the Juniors separate. If clubs don't want to join the Pyramid and want to remain Junior then the facility to do so should be there. It would then also allow clubs to decide what is more important - the name/grade or progressing as a club. I don't support a pyramid of any sort where clubs can refuse a promotion, but I would support a way for teams to opt out at the start, with the provision that they could apply at a later date (starting at the bottom, naturally).

It a very cadgy situation. here are a few hypothetical scenarios.

1. Lets just for talking sake, every west team joins the pyramid system  and the new west section stays the way it is except the top west league is in tier 7
Then if say the top 1 or 2 are promoted and playoff for 2 below that. You would then have the following situation. The teams being promoted or in a playoff, have a stadium that fits into the SFA criteria of senior football, if not then they are not allowed to progress.  OR, say Auchinleck win the top league but decide they do not want to progress to tier 6 and happy to stay the league they are in, thus the SFA asked the next team below Auchinleck if they want to go through on the automatic promotion place.  That's an example

2. if every west team joined the SFA seniors but say 5 teams didn't, what would the west junior region do, continue or fold.

3. What happens if say the west junior section, half the teams league like the east did recently then the west would be diluted as the east has and thus, would the standard go down or up in the junior section and would those teams remaining to think to themselves, we should have gone senior as well.

4 all teams know they can join the senior ranks but only get to a certain level if they did not meet the SFA senior member criteria, so its no big deal, they will play the best standard they can and if they become a strong team win the leagues and get to the next level, they can decide if they want to go that route with floodlight and other criteria etc...

its all situations listed are interesting and I'm sure there are other situations n scenarios.
What happens if most join the seniors, it will be a big, fekcing Scottish qualifying cup and a small junior cup again

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

It a very cadgy situation. here are a few scenarios.

1. Lets just for talking sake, every west team joins the pyramid system  and the new west section stays the way it is except the top west league is in tier 7
Then if say the top 1 or 2 are promoted and playoff for 2 below that. You would then have the following situation. The teams being promoted or in a playoff, have a stadium that fits into the SFA criteria of senior football, if not then they are not allowed to progress.  OR, say Auchinleck win the top league but decide they do not want to progress to tier 6 and happy to stay the league they are in, thus the SFA asked the next team below Auchinleck if they want to go through on the automatic promotion place.  That's an example

2. if every west team joined the SFA seniors but say 5 teams didn't, what would the west junior region do, continue or fold.

3. What happens if say the west junior section, half the teams league like the east did recently then the west would be diluted as the east has and thus, would the standard go down or up in the junior section and would those teams remaining to think to themselves, we should have gone senior as well.

4 all teams know they can join the senior ranks but only get to a certain level if they did not meet the SFA senior member criteria, so its no big deal, they will play the best standard they can and if they become a strong team win the leagues and get to the next level, they can decide if they want to go that route with floodlight and other criteria etc...

its all situations listed are interesting and I'm sure there are other situations n scenarios.
What happens if most join the seniors, it will be a big, fekcing Scottish qualifying cup and a small junior cup again

Not all teams enter the scottish cup. you have to be licensed to play in Scottish cup. We don't know yet whether theyd end up in south challenge cup or continue with junior cup.

The answer to point 2 solves all everyone voted in favour of a move to the pyramid as the sjfa thats why TJs their discussing it

Not all teams enter the scottish cup. you have to be licensed to play in Scottish cup. We don't know yet whether theyd end up in south challenge cup or continue with junior cup.
The answer to point 2 solves all everyone voted in favour of a move to the pyramid as the sjfa thats why TJs their discussing it
Point 2, in your opinion?

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:
14 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Point 2, in your opinion?

How would it be in my opinion if all the teams voted for it

Archived