Potential New Pyramid League ( West Sector)

Talbot 1978

I think we should have a separate west junior pyramid league thread.

I've noticed the lack of input from the west users. Most of the many previous threads have been made up by 80% East Coast and Central users.

This should address the balance.

But in no ways should it distract from the valuable contribution from our friends in the East Juniors/LL/HL/EOSL/SOSL Set ups

Let the fun begin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't much to debate in the west.

The clubs have been assured at the most recent General Meeting that we will all be moving into the pyramid at tier 6 and below as of this summer, with the current league structure.

The management committee have been having separate meetings to discuss realignment of disciplinary rules and fixtures to accomodate joining the pyramid.

That's where we are at the moment, as far as I am aware.

There was a thread covering this entitled:  WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led?

This had 28 pages and was destroyed towards the end of July 2018.  I assume that a little criticism of TJ for allowing the Pyramid debacle to arise in the first place was too much for some to stomach.

Perhaps Talbot 1978 could arrange for the thread's reinstatement (rather than starting a new thread) if we are to continue along the route of "energising" old threads.

The thread's epitaph is highlighted in the following statement:

"Just in case anyone forgets the " WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led? " thread -28 pages and 24,000 views before destruction. I for one have always believed in free speech and did not expect the sort of censorship we have just seen. However, killing an informative thread will not halt Pyramid progess.

Does anyone know the deadline that is being set for the formation of the West Region Tier 6 Pyramid?

Q1. Have the clubs given the the SJFA a clear official mandate (instructions of desired outcome) regarding the SJFA as whole becoming part of the Pyramid? And the West Region in particular?
Response: A clear mandate has not been provided or explicit requirements for the West Region.

Q2. Is the SJFA Management properly committed to the Pyramid or will we just see further evasive delays?
Response: We will see over the coming months whether SJFA will achieve a successful outcome from their dialogue with the SFA/PWG to join the Pyramid.

Q3.  Was a realistice deadline set at the SJFA West Region Annual General Meeting which will enable the West Region to retain control of the emerging WoSFL? Or will we lose control?
Response: It has been confirmed that whilst the West AGM dealt with their re-organisation, there was no discussion on the Pyramid or the likelihood of a WoSFL being set-up over the next 12 months.

Q4.  Can the SJFA Management (TJ) be trusted to broker a good deal for the West Region with the Pyramid Working Group / SFA within an agreed timescale?  Or should the West Region take over negotiations?
Response: Time will tell.

I would suggest that a firm deadline is set for 31st January 2019 for the formation of a West Region controlled WoSFL which will enable all WR clubs to transfer over to the Pyramid for 2019/20.

If this deadline cannot be met by the above date then a Club led initiative should begin (in earnest) on 1st February 2019 with the support of the EoSFL."

I’ve taken little to do with it but I just want my team challenging in the junior game , we spoke to a very successful manager in the lowland league a good few months ago and the crowds at the Games were around 10 !!!! Who the f**k wants that ? And id imagine most teams in the east are regretting going to that nonsense of a league , I’m happy where we are and are ambitious to challenge the talbots and Hurlfords of this world 

I’ve taken little to do with it but I just want my team challenging in the junior game , we spoke to a very successful manager in the lowland league a good few months ago and the crowds at the Games were around 10 !!!! Who the f**k wants that ? And id imagine most teams in the east are regretting going to that nonsense of a league , I’m happy where we are and are ambitious to challenge the talbots and Hurlfords of this world 

See as long as the candy at playing at JMP on a Saturday every second week or so I could not give a flying....if we are in a pyramid or senior or junior or whatever jokers are running the game .

Gents you should be more interactive on this matter. There isn't enough consultation on this very important situation.

Please do not bury your heads in the sand.

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I've been seeing a lot of stuff around the forums about crowds being so poor in the lowland league and the fact that many of the clubs in the league are not "Proper clubs". I agree with this but if you look at this as a long term thing in 20-25 years time when the lowland league has filled up with the biggest and best junior clubs and some league two clubs it has potential to be a great league, it will just take time. 

I've been seeing a lot of stuff around the forums about crowds being so poor in the lowland league and the fact that many of the clubs in the league are not "Proper clubs". I agree with this but if you look at this as a long term thing in 20-25 years time when the lowland league has filled up with the biggest and best junior clubs and some league two clubs it has potential to be a great league, it will just take time. 

Very good informative post but I think it should be on the other pyramid thread post.

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:
8 minutes ago, JamesGroundHopping said:

Very good posted informative post but I think it should be on the other pyramid thread post.

yeah your probably right wasn't really thinking about that, was more meant to just be a response to what Darvel Legend said sorry.

23 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Noone is joker

20 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Noone is joker

Why is he a joker?

Because it's been well stated here noone in the East is regretting the move and yet still comes away with that rubbish. I'd rather play kelty or shire than Darvel.  We would probably get the same crowd playing bsc or east kilbride than if we played Darvel.  

Gents you should be more interactive on this matter. There isn't enough consultation on this very important situation.

Please do not bury your heads in the sand.

We could talk till the coos come home but the bottom line is we won't be able to progress as we can't afford the upgrades floodlights etc so we are were we are .

I read the club saying they were happy to vote for a pyramid system so not to stop the more ambitious clubs pursuing this avenue so fair enough go on to better things if you have the means if not we will no doubt Keep pottering away in the lower league of any pyramid

We could talk till the coos come home but the bottom line is we won't be able to progress as we can't afford the upgrades floodlights etc so we are were we are .I read the club saying they were happy to vote for a pyramid system so not to stop the more ambitious clubs pursuing this avenue so fair enough go on to better things if you have the means if not we will no doubt Keep pottering away in the lower league of any pyramid

Very interesting opinion, Did the other clubs at your level agree?

16 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

We could talk till the coos come home but the bottom line is we won't be able to progress as we can't afford the upgrades floodlights etc so we are were we are .

I read the club saying they were happy to vote for a pyramid system so not to stop the more ambitious clubs pursuing this avenue so fair enough go on to better things if you have the means if not we will no doubt Keep pottering away in the lower league of any pyramid

Rome wasn't built in a day. There are ways to go about it. It;s not as if St. Roch's are throwing money away on players so any cash that does come in that is spare can be put aside for improvements. Fundraising on top of that, maximise the club's commercial potential... who knows what could be achieved over a decade or so? There's even the option of going full community club, getting 4G installed and lights with it. Hire out the park for 5s across the week...

Rome wasn't built in a day. There are ways to go about it. It;s not as if St. Roch's are throwing money away on players so any cash that does come in that is spare can be put aside for improvements. Fundraising on top of that, maximise the club's commercial potential... who knows what could be achieved over a decade or so? There's even the option of going full community club, getting 4G installed and lights with it. Hire out the park for 5s across the week...

That last bit sounds a bit like selling the club's soul? Community club? What does that mean to different clubs?

11 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

That last bit sounds a bit like selling the club's soul? Community club? What does that mean to different clubs?

Well, to me it means that the football club doesn't end at 5pm on a Saturday and resume again in a fortnight's time at 2pm. It means putting the club at the heart of the community, being involved in local charities, doing bagpacks at supermarkets, foodbank collections, making facilities available to local teams, male and female, trying to grow a fanbase, raising the profile of the side. In summer holidays, running coaching sessions on the pitch for local schoolkids that perhaps aren't involved in organised boys football. It means the club's name being used throughout the area. Doing all of this on a grass park (in our part of the world where darkness descends early 5 mths of the year) is difficult hence the potential need for 3G etc...

Archived