Partick Thistle vs United States of Dundee

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we played that well but we stuck in right to the end and GC's two attacking subs doing the business at the death.

Scott McDonald was immense and he fans his socks off. Saunders was decent too but we weren't great and the midfield kept giving the ball away. However all about the result at the end of the day.

Nice to see United denied a penalty and getting a goal chipped off too...

See to be fair I’d rather we played the way we did the last 10 mins and lose than how we did the first 80 and sneak a draw. We really should’ve scored a 2nd in that spell but looked like conceding every time we gave the ball away. Thought their goal could’ve been offsied though.

Not sure about the crowd announcement. 900 DABs and 2100 Home fans?

I know the announcer is an Arab so maybe he was taking the piss?

If I was a United fan I’d be pretty raging that - given the huge investment they’ve made in their team - they still look absolutely bobbins. I watched their Caley game and they were dire, and they looked nowhere near title challengers today. Neilson getting found out? Connolly is also a terrible defender and seems to spend the entire game screaming at team mates and/or the referee after he’s messed up. Total melt.

On to Thistle. Liked McMillan at centre mid. McDonald was wonderful up front, played their centre backs perfectly. Mansell came on, made a nuisance of himself and set up the goal wonderfully. And Fitzy showed incredible amounts of composure for the finish.

In conclusion, United are shite and we’re alright. 

If I was a United fan I’d be pretty raging that - given the huge investment they’ve made in their team - they still look absolutely bobbins. I watched their Caley game and they were dire, and they looked nowhere near title challengers today. Neilson getting found out? Connolly is also a terrible defender and seems to spend the entire game screaming at team mates and/or the referee after he’s messed up. Total melt.
On to Thistle. Liked McMillan at centre mid. McDonald was wonderful up front, played their centre backs perfectly. Mansell came on, made a nuisance of himself and set up the goal wonderfully. And Fitzy showed incredible amounts of composure for the finish.
In conclusion, United are shite and we’re alright. 

He was absolutely hopeless. Always thought he was brilliant for Killie when he was there.

Was Neilson sent to the stands? Couldn’t see him on the Utd bench.

Thought the 2nd half was terrific. End to end stuff. Was right at the end of the JHS city end. Stonewall penalty for United, but never a free kick for the one they scored from (both players went in with their boots high) and goal at the end was deffo offside. United were awful up until they equalised then they put us through the mill. Could only see one result at that point. Nothing better/sickening than a decisive last minute goal. It's not a thing we are used to. Big plaudits for Hazard who pulled off a couple of cracking saves at 1-1 but clear MOTM was Skippy. He was outstanding today, doing all the things we used to hate him for. As for the ref. Possibly the worst yet at Firhill this season and that's saying something!

Went along for something to do. Sat with the Utd fans. It was like a library and no sense from their support they have any chance of catching RC.

Onto the game Scott McDonald was outstanding and a cheating little tosser all in one. Reynolds and Connelly couldn’t cope with him and both were horrific. Reynolds used to be one of the quickest defenders around he looked like he had lead in his boots.

I though Utd had a threat up front until Sow went off after that Partick coped easily until the last 15 minutes when Stanton came on.

The American dude my be seething at the cash Neilson has thrown at dross. Reynolds, Connelly, Seaman, Butcher and Nesbitt with be on a right wedge and were hopeless. On this form Utd will be in this league next season.

As for Partick outside McDonald and the young kid Fitzpatrick who came on they are middle of the road team in this league.

I think now every chance us and Partick will stay up and Alloa and QoS will be the bottom two if the games last night and today are a guide.

54 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Thought the 2nd half was terrific. End to end stuff. Was right at the end of the JHS city end. Stonewall penalty for United, but never a free kick for the one they scored from (both players went in with their boots high) and goal at the end was deffo offside. United were awful up until they equalised then they put us through the mill. Could only see one result at that point. Nothing better/sickening than a decisive last minute goal. It's not a thing we are used to. Big plaudits for Hazard who pulled off a couple of cracking saves at 1-1 but clear MOTM was Skippy. He was outstanding today, doing all the things we used to hate him for. As for the ref. Possibly the worst yet at Firhill this season and that's saying something!

Agree with this. McDonald knew how to play the defence, and also the referee, who as you say was brainless. Neilson was sent to the stand at half time, which explains why he disappeared from the touchline.

Never saw the end of the game, left when the winner went in to beat the traffic. But happy to learn the Safranko effort was offside, as a draw would have been as bad, almost, as the loss. And a draw would help paper over the cracks which have been there all season. The amount of turmoil at the club must be unsettling, but it's no excuse for the lack of bottle shown again for most of a game.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

That was delicious. Shout out to the referee who was absolutely hopeless and not giving Utd a stonewall penalty. Aidan Fitzpatrick is some fucking boy.

Walk on/ Goal celebration music for the magnificent wee b*****d...

Archived