Partick Thistle vs United States of Dundee

A good warm up before we continue on our road to Hampden next Tuesday.

Hopefully Cardle and Storey will be back in the squad with a view to starting on Saturday. Still badly missing the influence of Bannigan in midfield. 

United really need a win to keep their outside chance of winning the league alive.

The head says a 1-1 draw but the head is hoping for a 2-1 win to build the players confidence ahead of Tynecastle.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

You did see Storey tonight mate, he was awful!

He played a great ball into the box, not much else but we’ve missed a bit of pace in the last couple of games so it’s best to have all options available at this time of the season.

Yeah, to be fair to Storey, we needed someone who could run at least as fast as the opposition, even if he wasn't really running anywhere.

Was Bannigan suspended or is he injured?  It's hard to tell how we're going to treat this game.  You'd obviously think that the league is far more important than the cup, but how much of an eye is going to be put on Tuesday night with this?  Do we have enough in the squad to play full throttle with our first choice squad in both games?

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Bannigan is / was injured tho he is one booking away from suspension too. Pretty sure we'll change strikers for this game. 

If we're planning Mansell again for Tuesday, absolutely, but I wouldn't be averse to giving him another shot against a side he does have a chance against.  

But personally I'd start McDonald with a view to changing it 45-60 minutes.  Subs are definitely creeping towards the far-too-late that marred Archie's time.

I thought both teams were fairly awful in their cup matches albeit Thistle were playing against a Premier League team. I can see this being a turgid draw but a win for Thistle would be good for Scottish football.

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

I can see this being a turgid draw but a win for Thistle would be good for Scottish football.

A win for Thistle is *always* good for Scottish football m9.

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

I thought both teams were fairly awful in their cup matches albeit Thistle were playing against a Premier League team. I can see this being a turgid draw but a win for Thistle would be good for Scottish football.

:lol:  imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

A Thistle win here would be nice!

Could see it happening too with United being nothing remarkable lately and Thistle needing points on the board.

Finger's crossed for a little bonus for us anyway!

Thistle should probably just concede the fixture to allow themselves to prepare for their big cup replay.
I think that would be in everyone's best interest.

United would still somehow manage to mess it up and come away with a draw ! [emoji12][emoji631]

11 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Siegriest
Seaman Connolly Reynolds Robson
Butcher
Harkes Smith
McMullan
Safranko Clark

4-1-2-1-2

1-1 Draw

I assume you envisage a diamond midfield.  I would be happy with that but the FBs would have to be a wee bit more wary going forward or Harkes would need to drop back on those occasions when they do.

Anyway it’s a dream; Neilson seems determined to stick with a rigid formation even on those occasions where it’s obviously not working.

I've noticed United have had a couple of cracking away supports recently. Can Thistle expect a good wedge of the Tangerine dollar on Saturday or will recent results have tempered the enthusiasm?

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I've noticed United have had a couple of cracking away supports recently. Can Thistle expect a good wedge of the Tangerine dollar on Saturday or will recent results have tempered the enthusiasm?

I think the support will be poorer than might have been expected. You are probably correct that the support's eagerness to see progress has been minimised by reality.

Having to drive on Saturday, any tips for parking spaces?

29 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I’ll be there with my two sons and another prominent P&B Arab.  So that’s four anyway!

I think Sunday’s performance might have scunnered a few folk though.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think the support will be poorer than might have been expected. You are probably correct that the support's eagerness to see progress has been minimised by reality.

Having to drive on Saturday, any tips for parking spaces?

If you're coming off the motorway anywhere on Garscube Road.

Archived