Partick Thistle vs United States of Dundee

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think there was anyone in  the stands that enjoyed that as much as Spittal,  don't know if it' s as much as a love for us (he grew up a currant bun tho his dad is one of us) or just a distaste for Utd after his time there, but he was giving it the full chest beating walking round the stands after the final whistle before the rest caught up with him 
For whatever reason its good for me for him to enjoy the 3 points, after all he's been carrying the armband as well [emoji106][emoji106]

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

His kicking is still highly suspect though. They either clear all the players and go straight through to the opposition keeper, or they’re sclaffed out for an opposition throw in our own half.

I think he’s better than Sneddon, but only just. And tbh, I’d still rather we developed our own keeper than Celtic’s.

Nobody celebrated the goal more than big Hazard. He was going radio rental when wee Aiden scored. Thought he had a really good game today

Two great saves today at 1-1. If either had went in, I think the games was over. Why is big Fred not getting a game over those two diddies United have in central defence. Surely he is an upgrade on those two!

I don’t remember those saves. What were they ?

25 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I don’t remember those saves. What were they ?

At 1-1 United had 3 shots on target in the space of about 30 seconds, the first one he made a good block though they should have burst the net, then another block at the near post then cuaght the rebound which was looping in.

Just watched the Jagzone highlights...

If McDonald goes down like that for anyone else I'm calling him a diving wee b*****d, he gets his body in between the defender and the ball and there is a pull, not enough to go down as theatrically as he did though... we'll get one yet.

Not a great camera angle for their penalty shout but it looked stonewall at the time and doesn't look any less of a penalty on replay

The free kick for their goal should have been a foul to us, both feet are at the same height but McMillan gets the ball before being kicked by the Utd player.

The offside was spot on... thank f**k

image.thumb.png.db01caff3f42c399cd2125e1b454015d.png

That was a beautiful end to a  football match... 

MacDonald was immense particularly in the 1st half. He's about half the size of Mark Connelly but completely bullied him throughout.  Brilliant!

Aidan Fitzpatrick is going to go on to do great things in this game. What a prospect!

Enjoyed the second half, even if it was heart in the mouth stuff at times. Don’t think either team was particularly great, but it was still entertaining viewing.

McDonald was fantastic until about 5-10 minutes before he got brought off, when he was blowing out his arse. Thought McMillan had a decent game as a holding midfielder, and won just about everything, although his ball retention left a lot to be desired at times.

Fitzpatrick is lucky that the opportunity got presented to him in the last minute after being so selfish a few minutes before, when he could (and should) have played Mansell through. Also thought that McDonald went down in the box needlessly when if he had stayed on his feet, he probably would’ve scored. Regardless, the feeling when the second went in was fucking unreal. Not had a rush like that at Firhill in a long time, and had forgotten what it felt like.

McDonald was unbelievably good at getting wrong side of the defenders throughout the entire game - could be a mark of poor defending but he looked incredibly awkward to play against.

Had the feel that Fitzpatrick shooting instead of passing killed any chance of us going on to win and that we wouldn't get a better chance than that, but some great work and decision making by Mansell + nice composed finish by Fitzpatrick proved me wrong. Brilliant result ahead of some particularly critical games.

Cardle had another really good game too I thought, particularly defensively imo, helped Penrice out a hell of a lot especially in the first half.

13 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The defensive marking at both Thistle goals was pleasingly dreadful - schoolboy stuff.  Not one Dundee defender anywhere near either goalscorer.

I thought Nielson was a defender once?

In fairness, the Dundee defence was probably at Dens Park at the time.

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

In fairness, the Dundee defence was probably at Dens Park at the time.

Sorry , I keep forgetting it's the wee team.  It's "United" isn't it?

The only thing I really remember about Dundee is that Jerry Sadowitz said the people of Dundee pour boiling water through their hair to make Pot Noodle.

Archived