Partick Thistle vs United States of Dundee

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Not sure about the crowd announcement. 900 DABs and 2100 Home fans?

I know the announcer is an Arab so maybe he was taking the piss?

Those figures would make sense, because it was a good away support and a terrible Jags turnout.

Thought we were the better team today, but in that wild 20 minutes before the end it felt like anything could happen; the game was so end to end with great chances for both teams, and thank f**k it fell our way for once.

Glad Fitzpatrick got the chance to make amends for his awful decision making in not playing in Mansell for a tap in goal - maybe a bit of a lesson for him that Mansell did make the right decision to provide the assist for him. He’s still some player for a 17 year old, though, and I think we’ll make a decent amount of cash from him this summer. Absolutely fearless again when he came on.

I thought United would be so much better than they have been after the signings they made in the window, but instead they look like a bit of a gang. Shout out to the two centre halves who were a pair of haddies and given the runaround by a Scott McDonald who has played about 100 minutes in the last 9 months.

Special shout out to the referee for an incredibly bizarre performance. Got almost everything wrong for both teams.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United manager Robbie Neilson: "It was the biggest stonewall penalty you would ever see. If you watch it again everyone will see it. It's like 'wow'. The boy nearly took his leg off.

"The referee sent me to the stand at half time for allegedly saying something to him, which I didn't say. I think that has influenced him in his decision later on. I don't think he will look back on it with the greatest of happiness as what he was like today."

Inject this shit directly into my veins :lol:

11 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Can't remember the Jags ever winning with a 90th minute goal before today. Probably just my memory.  Must've happened. 

Miles Storey vs Dundee last year

Denis...sorry...Robbie Nielson isn't thriving under the new regime at Tannadice.

Utterly hilarious that he was the reason for the late entry of the officials at halftime.

Fitzpatrick is legally allowed to purchase alcohol in 15 days time and Mansell should be first on his go to list, the 2-on-1 chance we passed up  when AF decided to shoot was nonsenical.

Mansell, who I have perhaps unfairly written off as a haddy ,sliding an outside of the foot pass to Fitzy  to score and initiate a pile-on was glorious... and getting it up the Thistle da's who  were greeting about literally everything Caldwell did was even better, some of these c***s don't deserve joy.

Dundee United were not good, if that's the best they  can do after Neilson's revolution they're  in grief and I can see them  losing to Hamilton Accies again. Still I'm sure big Fred Frans has hit his quota of Instagram likes for the year....

I’m still shaking with laughter at the post match seethe from the United fans on Firhill Road. 

A simply wonderful afternoon was made all the better when I walked past the boarded-up , sectarian hovel Royalty Bar on Maryhill Road. 

Delicious.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Big Hazard is easily better than wee Sneddon btw, last 2 games he's started coming off his line and making it easy on the defence. 

His kicking is still highly suspect though. They either clear all the players and go straight through to the opposition keeper, or they’re sclaffed out for an opposition throw in our own half.

I think he’s better than Sneddon, but only just. And tbh, I’d still rather we developed our own keeper than Celtic’s.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Big Hazard is easily better than wee Sneddon btw, last 2 games he's started coming off his line and making it easy on the defence. 

Two great saves today at 1-1. If either had went in, I think the games was over. Why is big Fred not getting a game over those two diddies United have in central defence. Surely he is an upgrade on those two!

2 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Two great saves today at 1-1. If either had went in, I think the games was over. Why is big Fred not getting a game over those two diddies United have in central defence. Surely he is an upgrade on those two!

The big handsome devil's injured according to his Twitter

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

His kicking is still highly suspect though. They either clear all the players and go straight through to the opposition keeper, or they’re sclaffed out for an opposition throw in our own half.

I think he’s better than Sneddon, but only just. And tbh, I’d still rather we developed our own keeper than Celtic’s.

I thought he could have done better at United's free kick. His kicking today was suspect but I actually think he's looked pretty composed with the ball at his feet up until now.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

In the longer term I agree but I just don't get it with Sneddon, cost us goals by racing out off his line vs Falkirk and Morton (and at a push QoS).

McDonald -after grafting like f**k - should have scored from one of Hazard's punts... and after god knows how many years of Cerny,  Fox, Gallacher, and other assorted diddies, I'm just glad we've got a keeper who can kick the ball into the opposition half.

25 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

That's the grey and dross just venting.

Don't think there was anyone in  the stands that enjoyed that as much as Spittal,  don't know if it' s as much as a love for us (he grew up a currant bun tho his dad is one of us) or just a distaste for Utd after his time there, but he was giving it the full chest beating walking round the stands after the final whistle before the rest caught up with him 

Archived