Partick Thistle vs United States of Dundee

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sow in ahead of Safranko!!!

If this goes pear shaped Neilson will be in for pelters.

Pretty amusing that the past couple of days have seen reports that we're keen to take Safranko on a permanent deal, only for Neilson to drop him in the very next game.

In fairness, I was keen to freshen up the attack at the start of the week, it's just that it would have been Clark I would have dropped, harsh as that might have been. If Sow's going to be an asset for the remainder of the season then he needs game time, and a little rest for Safranko might not be the worst thing either.

I still expect us to bottle this after Ayr's result last night though. I'm completely resigned to McDonald scoring at some point today too.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Pretty amusing that the past couple of days have seen reports that we're keen to take Safranko on a permanent deal, only for Neilson to drop him in the very next game.

In fairness, I was keen to freshen up the attack at the start of the week, it's just that it would have been Clark I would have dropped, harsh as that might have been. If Sow's going to be an asset for the remainder of the season then he needs game time, and a little rest for Safranko might not be the worst thing either.

I still expect us to bottle this after Ayr's result last night though. I'm completely resigned to McDonald scoring at some point today too.

Sow has played three cameos and based on that definitely doesn’t deserve a start.  His contribution in the Falkirk game was awful.

6 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

That Thistle team is littered with ex united players. You can prob take your pick of which one will come back and haunt us today

True, but McDonald used to love a goal against us for Motherwell and Celtic in days gone by. After the shambles last season I expect him to be especially fired up to give us a GIRUY moment today.

It would be pretty typical of the past few years for us if our top scorer from last season now helps kill off what remains of our title hopes, or prevents us getting further ahead in 2nd place.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sow has played three cameos and based on that definitely doesn’t deserve a start.  His contribution in the Falkirk game was awful.

Just have to hope to be pleasantly surprised today then.

Just now, captainkev said:

True, but McDonald used to love a goal against us for Motherwell and Celtic in days gone by. After the shambles last season I expect him to be especially fired up to give us a GIRUY moment today.

It would be pretty typical of the past few years for us if our top scorer from last season now helps kill off what remains of our title hopes, or prevents us getting further ahead in 2nd place.

Just have to hope to be pleasantly surprised today then.

If he plays well I’ll be delighted.

Archived