Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Scottish Cup semi-final, 13/04/2019

Elixir

This will undoubtedly be the Saturday game. PowttJS.gif

Hopefully they make it as late a kick-off as possible, like 1.30pm or so, but it'll probably be something shit like midday.

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

This will undoubtedly be the Saturday game. PowttJS.gif

Hopefully they make it as late a kick-off as possible, like 1.30pm or so, but it'll probably be something shit like midday.

It'll need to be either 12pm or 5.30pm to avoid clashing with the 3pm media blackout if it's on the saturday. Even 12.30 would run the danger of running in to 3pm if there was extra time and penalties.

Might be talking shite here but it's what I'm counting so we can get a day session of drinking before a national cup semi final. :lol:

Yeah, I'm forgetting it's not just the kick-off times and that games can't overrun 3pm. Such utter bollocks.

A 5.30pm kick-off would be so much better, but don't think this has happened for cup semi-finals? Not for a long time anyway.

We should take 20k for this easily, possibly a bit more given it's our first game at Hampden for a while, we're favourites, and the turnout at Murrayfield earlier in the season.

Wonder if they'll give us the whole North Stand? Would probably rather just get half so we fill our end all the way round, but the bigger sides usually get all of it for semi-finals.

How the f**k have we reached the semi-final :lol:

I love Hearts, but the football over the last couple of seasons has been horrendous.

Would any fellow hearts fans who attended games around the 1979-1982 seasons think it is fair to say we're as bad now as we were then?

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

I love Hearts, but the football over the last couple of seasons has been horrendous.

Would any fellow hearts fans who attended games around the 1979-1982 seasons think it is fair to say we're as bad now as we were then?

I was born in 1982. Was it really that bad?

I was thinking that we've always played above overselves this season and done better against better sides but then I remembered that Hearts have already scudded us 5-0 in the league cup :lol: 

We could win this game but it's pretty unlikely.  I don't think we have enough going forward to seriously threaten Hearts.  If we do everything right we could nick it but I'd say it's the longest shot of any of our semi-finals.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I was thinking that we've always played above overselves this season and done better against better sides but then I remembered that Hearts have already scudded us 5-0 in the league cup :lol: 

We could win this game but it's pretty unlikely.  I don't think we have enough going forward to seriously threaten Hearts.  If we do everything right we could nick it but I'd say it's the longest shot of any of our semi-finals.

Dunno like, ICT have improved and Hearts are definitely shitter!

43 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I was born in 1982. Was it really that bad?

Grim football, poor crowds, but I long for the days of walking along Dalry /Gorgie Rd on a Saturday afternoon to get to Tynecastle :wub:

Obviously things took a sharp upturn with the arrival of Doddy, but growing up, I wouldn't swap those times for anything.

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

We are 4 points off 3rd place and in our second semi final of the season.   We might not be pretty to watch but I've seen comfortably worse as a Hearts fan.

13 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We are 4 points off 3rd place and in our second semi final of the season.   We might not be pretty to watch but I've seen comfortably worse as a Hearts fan.

I hope we're in agreement that we've seen comfortably better as well :lol:

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Heart of Midlothian.

I wouldn't be dismissing your chances out of hand mate.

Of course a repeat of the league cup mauling earlier in the season would do for me, but on the flip-side, there won't be many of us who would be stunned if ICT turn us over.