Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Scottish Cup semi-final, 13/04/2019

Elixir

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What do the caley lads have against the dandy dons?

It might just be in Inverness but a lot of Inverness Reds seem to have a weird hatred for us. God knows why, we let you beat us most of the time. 

I guess it's just reciprocation. 

Guest JTS98
13 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hearts fans singing songs about Hibs when they lost to us a week ago :lol: 

12 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Awful game between 2 awful sides. Just one team far more awful than the other.

image.png.df77c24712bdac19d36cc9f23ea510ea.png

It might just be in Inverness but a lot of Inverness Reds seem to have a weird hatred for us. God knows why, we let you beat us most of the time. 

I guess it's just reciprocation. 

In the distended geography of the highlands you’re local rivals

Theoretically there must be a point somewhere on the A96 where you leave Dons territory and enter ICT turf

There's no such thing as ICT territory, when you enter Inverness you are just entering another Celtic and Rangers supporting town/city. [emoji20]
I've often wondered if this is the same in the cities with the bigger supports for their home teams such as Aberdeen or even Edinburgh?

You don’t have to go too far past Edinburgh City limits to get into the kind of backwards one horse towns that are natural old firm territory

Soooo..... Edinburgh is an island of reason?
Football fans within Edinburgh support either Hearts or Hibs as a majority?
I don't know about the cities of Aberdeen or Dundee if the locals support their local team or that both the Armies of Darkness have occupy these two places as well?

Aberdeen and Edinburgh have plenty of OF fans within them but it isn’t an accepted part of the football landscape like it is in a lot of Scottish towns.

17 hours ago, DC92 said:

By "apparently going to sevco" you mean the Daily Record said Rangers are interested.

Absolutely zero chance they can afford him.

Exactly.  We will want top dollar for him, not £1m in installments.  He also has ambitions to play outside Scotland so it's never happening. 

Disappointing but not unexpected outcome. Thought we might shitfest our way through after the first half but Hearts clearly stepped their performance in the second half and we didn’t defend the set pieces properly. We also didn’t really create any chances other than he free kick, if we were going to do anything we needed something like that to come off for us.

Hey ho.

As others have said we didn't really get going.  I was saying before the game that I'd be reasonably pleased if we made a good go of it and stay in the game.  We kind of fell somewhere in the middle - we weren't absolutely horsed (4-0+ would've been cruel) and I don't know if it was just nerves, but we just didn't look that up for it. We defended resolutely enough in the first half but we were very long ball and played very little football throughout.  I thought Mckay, Chalmers and Tremarco were decent, but in games like this you see you could handle the step up and who couldn't - Trafford, Rooney and Austin definitely couldn't and were all absolutely rubbish.

At least we (probably) have the play offs to focus on.  They will all be much more important than Saturday and hopefully we can make a better go of them.

22 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

In the distended geography of the highlands you’re local rivals

Theoretically there must be a point somewhere on the A96 where you leave Dons territory and enter ICT turf

Maybe you need to research this.  Go around and ask the locals.

.. and don't put up with any crap about the Highland League.  "Come on. Who's your real team?"

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

As others have said we didn't really get going.  I was saying before the game that I'd be reasonably pleased if we made a good go of it and stay in the game.  We kind of fell somewhere in the middle - we weren't absolutely horsed (4-0+ would've been cruel) and I don't know if it was just nerves, but we just didn't look that up for it. We defended resolutely enough in the first half but we were very long ball and played very little football throughout.  I thought Mckay, Chalmers and Tremarco were decent, but in games like this you see you could handle the step up and who couldn't - Trafford, Rooney and Austin definitely couldn't and were all absolutely rubbish.

At least we (probably) have the play offs to focus on.  They will all be much more important than Saturday and hopefully we can make a better go of them.

That would be my first 3 out the door if we did, by some miracle, get promoted.  Nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

Trafford has looked more useful recently but Saturday he was back to his former self. The game seemed to pass him by at times. Still puzzles me as to why he was given a three year deal when we were scrambling to find players and most coming in were given a season or two at best. Given Polworth will 100% be leaving us the middle of the pitch is an area where we will need to strengthen next season regardless of what league we are in.

Also, I was disappointed and puzzled to read that Dave Raven didn't get a winners medal in 2015.  Just because he didn't play in the final.  He was superb that season and was one of the main reasons we won the cup.  Another fucking backwards policy by the SFA.

In England, the fucking tea lady and the mascot get a winners medal.

Archived