Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Scottish Cup semi-final, 13/04/2019

Elixir

Thinking about it,  ICT and Hearts are 2 of the prestige clubs in this country; always making cup semi finals and finals.
When are the SFA going to recognise this and start giving clubs like ICT and Hearts a bye into the QF/SF of the cups?  We always end up there anyway so they might as well cut out the middle man.
See also, Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell.  

Hearts did get a bye this season, eh?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About time we get a run to Hampden without playing any big clubs.  We always have to beat a Celtic or a Rangers or an Aberdeen somewhere along the way.

That's a shite time for ICT fans. No consideration for the paying customer 
Best kick-off time for us at a neutral venue in the cup that I can remember I think - which probably says more about the others we've had than anything. Still, could definitely get behind a sing-song of "f**k the SFA" from both sets of fans, for many obvious reasons. Buzzing, can't wait!

2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

It won't be an upset if you've seen Hearts play since December.

Very generous to not include November in this considering we lost every game without scoring.

Currently we aren't sure if Jamie McCart is fit or not.  Coll Donaldson is suspended and Sean Welsh is injured.  If McCart is fit I'd expect something like this

------------------ Ridgers-----------------

--Rooney--Mckay--McCart--Tremarco--

------------Chalmers---Trafford-----------

--Doran-------Polworth--------Walsh---

-----------------White----------------------

If McCart isn't fit then I'd expect Tremarco to move to centre back and, er, Kevin McHattie to play left back, although he played centre half there for at least part of the game on Saturday apparently.

We could also have Polworth sit back and have more of a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 and play on the break.  I'd expect us to be a bit more reactive, we are better against higher up teams in our division and away from home.  We do lack a bit of pace in our team, Walsh is the only player you'd say is quick and White is a target man rather than someone who is going to stretch Hearts with runs.

Archived