Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Scottish Cup semi-final, 13/04/2019

Elixir

How the f**k have we reached the semi-final [emoji38]

I love Hearts, but the football over the last couple of seasons has been horrendous.

Would any fellow hearts fans who attended games around the 1979-1982 seasons think it is fair to say we're as bad now as we were then?
No. Nowhere near as bad.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems we've been given the entire North and West, as well as half the East and South.
Are they allowed to do cut price tickets or some kind of offer? Maybe a £5 for kids with an adult.
It would make sense to try and be a bit creative with the pricing seeing as it's on the TV.
Or is there some sort of crap contractual reason they can't?

49 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

Are they allowed to do cut price tickets or some kind of offer? Maybe a £5 for kids with an adult.
It would make sense to try and be a bit creative with the pricing seeing as it's on the TV.
Or is there some sort of crap contractual reason they can't?

Both semi finals have to be priced the same no matter the sides competing, even if, for example it was Celtic v Rangers- an obvious sell out and Raith Rovers v Arbroath which wouldn't be the tickets for each part of the ground must be the same price for each tie. 

Celtic v Aberdeen will clearly sell out so, even if this doesn't which, is unlikely given the kick off time and the fact Inverness will only bring a few thousand they cant slash prices to try and entice more through the turnstiles without doing the same for the other match.

Both semi finals have to be priced the same no matter the sides competing, even if, for example it was Celtic v Rangers- an obvious sell out and Raith Rovers v Arbroath which wouldn't be the tickets for each part of the ground must be the same price for each tie. 
Celtic v Aberdeen will clearly sell out so, even if this doesn't which, is unlikely given the kick off time and the fact Inverness will only bring a few thousand they cant slash prices to try and entice more through the turnstiles without doing the same for the other match.
Cheers for that [emoji106]

The other day on the radio they were talking about the potential of John Robertson going up against Hearts and all the history he has with them, as if it will be the first time he's managed a team against Hearts.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The other day on the radio they were talking about the potential of John Robertson going up against Hearts and all the history he has with them, as if it will be the first time he's managed a team against Hearts.

My word.

On 3/14/2019 at 16:05, bdu98196 said:

Just the usual for ICT.  Will await around 2000 fans at Hampden with the rest at home as its on TV but moaning about transport & KO times for them to appear at the final along with the other 'missing' 8k from last time.

This is twice in a month the Supporter's Trust have appeared in the press complaining about KO times.  I'm not quite sure what they want to achieve - these games aren't going to be played any other time and if they were moved, they'd still complain.

Do any ICT fans remember how much tickets were for our semi-final in 2015 against Celtic?  I see the price for the Hearts game is £30 for an adult.  I'm sure the price for 2015 was far cheaper than that.  It was more like half that as I recall.

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Do any ICT fans remember how much tickets were for our semi-final in 2015 against Celtic?  I see the price for the Hearts game is £30 for an adult.  I'm sure the price for 2015 was far cheaper than that.  It was more like half that as I recall.

£23.

Was it as much as that?  I thought it was £20 at the most.

I thought it was £20 for the east/west stand (whatever one we were in) and £25 for the main stand.

Ticket prices have to be the same for both games which will explain why they are higher than last time.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I thought it was £20 for the east/west stand (whatever one we were in) and £25 for the main stand.

Ticket prices have to be the same for both games which will explain why they are higher than last time.

I was in the main stand for that game. Still have the ticket, def £23.

Also, was in the North for the Final, and it was £30.

I was in the main stand for that game. Still have the ticket, def £23.
Also, was in the North for the Final, and it was £30.

Fair enough.

I was in the section next to the North Stand and my ticket for the final was £25.

It is a bit expensive but this may be the last major cup semi for a while so it would be daft for the price to put me off going.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I was in the section next to the North Stand and my ticket for the final was £25.

That's pretty similar to run of the mill Scotland games - £30 for north/south, £25 for east/west.

We could only have taken a few thousand fans down for the Celtic semi final. Maybe 4,000 tops? I'd expect slightly less than that this time round.

The comments recently about having to get up early are embarrassing. Yes it would be great if the game was a nice 3 pm kick off but for years these semi finals have been played at lunchtime so it's hardly a surprise. Our fans just gurn about everything. 

Archived