Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Scottish Cup semi-final, 13/04/2019

Elixir

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was thinking that we've always played above overselves this season and done better against better sides but then I remembered that Hearts have already scudded us 5-0 in the league cup :lol: 

We could win this game but it's pretty unlikely.  I don't think we have enough going forward to seriously threaten Hearts.  If we do everything right we could nick it but I'd say it's the longest shot of any of our semi-finals.

That game feels like a very long time ago now. Given how utterly woeful we are in front of goal, ICT might only need one or two chances to go through. I'm not confident at all unless we see a big improvement in the next few weeks,

In the first four seasons of the Budge era it feels like we've limped over the finishing line from March onwards. This season feels much the same so it's weird to be looking forward* to a winnable** Scottish Cup semi-final.

eek.png

eek.png

That kick off time is a fucking disgrace, no consideration for the Inverness fans, can only imagine the uproar had Aberdeen been lumped with that.

When would be a better time for it to be played? That doesn’t fall into the 3pm broadcasting restrictions.

5.30 ?

That’s even worse, in my opinion. There are plenty of trains early on to get to Glasgow well before kick off and roads should be fairly quiet at that time of day.

Obviously the best time is 3pm but that was never going to happen so 12:15 on the Saturday was the best one for us.

If our fans are really moaning about having to wake up a couple of hours earlier to go to a a Cup Semi Final then they would be better off staying at home and watching it on tv.

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That’s even worse, in my opinion. There are plenty of trains early on to get to Glasgow well before kick off and roads should be fairly quiet at that time of day.

Obviously the best time is 3pm but that was never going to happen so 12:15 on the Saturday was the best one for us.

If our fans are really moaning about having to wake up a couple of hours earlier to go to a a Cup Semi Final then they would be better off staying at home and watching it on tv.

No idea what the situation with trains is but would 2pm on Sunday not be better?

No idea what the situation with trains is but would 2pm on Sunday not be better?

Absolutely not. Would happily kick off at any time on a Saturday rather than play on a Sunday.

Only one train before 2pm on the Sunday.

Saturday is far better in all senses.

13 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Absolutely not. Would happily kick off at any time on a Saturday rather than play on a Sunday.

Only one train before 2pm on the Sunday.

Saturday is far better in all senses.

Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

That kick off time is a fucking disgrace, no consideration for the Inverness fans, can only imagine the uproar had Aberdeen been lumped with that.

The usual uproar will happen about the kick off times. Because of transport times Saturday is definitely the best day for Inverness fans and a lunchtime kick off is better than a teatime kick off. Just let them get on with it.

This does my head in every time semi finals are drawn. They are all going to be at Hampden. Certainly for the Scottish Cup, they are both goingto be liveon TV. This immediately means for any Saturday match it has to be lunchtime or teatime. If your team comes from a fair way away from Glasgow it means either an early start or late getting home. This constant moaning year after year is like moaning because it gets dark at night. It's going to happen. 

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This does my head in every time semi finals are drawn. They are all going to be at Hampden. Certainly for the Scottish Cup, they are both goingto be liveon TV. This immediately means for any Saturday match it has to be lunchtime or teatime. If your team comes from a fair way away from Glasgow it means either an early start or late getting home. This constant moaning year after year is like moaning because it gets dark at night. It's going to happen. 

Totally agree with this. It's a pain in the arse of course but it's not exactly a surprise. As some ICT fans have said on Twitter, CTO etc. we should be happy we are getting another chance to go to Hampden after the pish of the last couple of seasons.

Totally agree with this. It's a pain in the arse of course but it's not exactly a surprise. As some ICT fans have said on Twitter, CTO etc. we should be happy we are getting another chance to go to Hampden after the pish of the last couple of seasons.

Is it that much of a pain in the arse though? Plenty of public transport available. Supporters buses will still be going and driving down again is always available.

The only inconvenience is having to get out of bed a few hours earlier.

I can’t wait for it.

Just the usual for ICT.  Will await around 2000 fans at Hampden with the rest at home as its on TV but moaning about transport & KO times for them to appear at the final along with the other 'missing' 8k from last time.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Yep, we've been absolute spunk for 3 years.  I don't give a fuck what day or time it's on, you don't get to go to Hampden very often.

Well, ICT fans do I suppose.

Archived