Elgin City vs Clyde FC

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Oh dear; City player Rabin Omar giving Clyde fans absolute pelters on Twitter.

Where? All I see his him replying to Darryl and a Clyde fan calling him a shite rat b*****d

1 hour ago, David W said:

The singing of Ally Love's name would suggest an attempt to antagonize and it's not something I'm comfortable with, regardless of Omar's role in said incident. 

However, the same player also attempted to break the leg of one of our players this season. That's a big part of it as well.

Some fantastic whataboutery there. So the abuse Rabin was recieving before the tackle you are alluding to was because the clairvoyant Clyde fans knew a bad tackle was going to happen in the future? Some talent that. 

7 hours ago, MorayCup said:

Where? All I see his him replying to Darryl and a Clyde fan calling him a shite rat b*****d

Some fantastic whataboutery there. So the abuse Rabin was recieving before the tackle you are alluding to was because the clairvoyant Clyde fans knew a bad tackle was going to happen in the future? Some talent that. 

No whataboutery at all; you are assuming that all fans booing and shouting abuse post tackle were doing so before.

2 hours ago, David W said:

No whataboutery at all; you are assuming that all fans booing and shouting abuse post tackle were doing so before.

And by saying the tackle is a "big part of it" you're assuming the majority of people giving him abuse are doing so for a tackle rather then the Ally Love incident, despite mentioning Love by name on Saturday to deliberately antagonise him, as you said yourself. The tackle is only a small part of it and a convenient excuse for Clyde fans to excuse their abuse of Rabin. Why can't it just be condemned and called out as not needed rather than shift focus onto Rabin apparently bringing this on himself? It smacks of Celtic fans defending the booing of Shay Logan because he brings it on himself when we all know the real reason behind it.

12 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Just looking at the highlights, Clyde all over the place. Promotion? Hmmmmm

Tom Lang back in next week hopefully

How's Tom getting on?

I know he had a bad injury, and since then seems to have picked up a few red cards. I always thought he could be a very, very good player, but things at Stranraer seemed to go pretty badly.

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

How's Tom getting on?

I know he had a bad injury, and since then seems to have picked up a few red cards. I always thought he could be a very, very good player, but things at Stranraer seemed to go pretty badly.

Think he is a class act tbh. Could and probably will play at a higher level

1 minute ago, TheBigGuy said:

Think he is a class act tbh. Could and probably will play at a higher level

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that in him. It's a horrible cliche, bit he really looked to 'have something about him' in his very short time with us. Just a wee edge on the ball, and when he challenged opponents that I really liked. 

His family seemed like decent folk too and were quite often in the away end, so that further endeared him to me. It would be good to see him get a solid season of games under his belt, Danny Lennon should be a good manager for a defender who is (or at least was when he was with us) very good on the ball.

Tom Lang started at right back and was out his depth there and just didn’t work, however I think he’s been brilliant at centre half, proven by the fact we haven’t conceded many at all until Saturday. 

Would happily see him sign on. 

If this actually happnened that is absolutely disgraceful. It's actually celebrating racist abuse. Any fan who joined in with that chant is a racist.
Personally, I wish Omar wasn't booed as I think Love was in the wrong. In truth, I'm embarrassed by it.

However, Clyde fans sing Ally Love's praises in most matches because he is a decent quality Clyde player.

Why assume that singing is because of Omar's presence?

Because he's replying to a Clyde fan that said as much... 
Why would Clyde fans sing the praises of Ally Love at Broadwood, Annan, Berwick, Edinburgh just to antagonise Rabin Omar who's over 100 miles away?

Or is more likely the song is in support of a popular Clyde player?

The booing however is wrong and embarrassing.

1 minute ago, gordon9736 said:

Don't forget that until recently they were cheering on convicted and jailed drug dealer Matt Flynn.

Ach, I'm quite relaxed about that. I'd legalise drugs. However, I'd draw the line at legalising rape and racial abuse. 

Archived