Elgin City vs Clyde FC

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

and the knowledge that a dirty paedo scumbag happily plies his trade thanks to you and your kinds ignorance.

Take it you are referring to the beast from the East. Don't know any QP fans who are tolerant of him at all. If you read our match thread from our December game at Ainslie Park then you'll have seen we had all sorts of issues that day with the stewards for giving him much deserved stick  

ALMOST EVERY THREAD NOW DESCENDS INTO SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A MISDEMEANOUR FROM AN OPPOSING PLAYER THAT THEY CAN RANT ON ABOUT.

I remember going to football was about the game. This whole our players are more charitable, cultural, less scummy than yours is tedious beyond belief since we as fans do not employ them nor influence their behaviour before, after or during their time with us.

7 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

ALMOST EVERY THREAD NOW DESCENDS INTO SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A MISDEMEANOUR FROM AN OPPOSING PLAYER THAT THEY CAN RANT ON ABOUT.

I remember going to football was about the game. This whole our players are more charitable, cultural, less scummy than yours is tedious beyond belief since we as fans do not employ them nor influence their behaviour before, after or during their time with us.

You must be a right age! :)

Maybe in the future you'll be willing to hold Elgin fans accountable for idolising such a vile character. Or does morality only come into it purely because of your burning hatred of Clyde? In any case, I hope you calm down soon x x
Dead calm. I don't hate Clyde at all. Some of their fans are absolute wallopers though. Singing the praise of a rapist and a racist. FFS man. I'd hate my club to accept these guys and I would certainly not be singing their praises. We have different ideas of what is ok.

1 minute ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Dead calm. I don't hate Clyde at all. Some of their fans are absolute wallopers though. Singing the praise of a rapist and a racist. FFS man. I'd hate my club to accept these guys and I would certainly not be singing their praises. We have different ideas of what is ok.

You're entitled to your opinion, as is anyone who supports the mere footballing talents of two football players. The two cases in question have, at the very least, huge grey areas and are by no means cut and dry. In any case, the only relevant thing to most Clyde fans is how these players conduct themselves as a Clyde player. I highly doubt there is a football fan out there who would rather have anything but morally admirable characters from 1-11 in their line-up. There will have been thousands of players at this level in the past guilty of abusive behaviour in relationships, even rape itself, who haven't in any way been brought to justice and instead been lauded as heroes to a far greater extent than either Love or Goodwillie - and that's just one example. 

I read you say that what concerns most Clyde fans is how guys conduct themselves as a Clyde player. Racially abusing someone whilst wearing a Clyde jersey should perhaps be concerning then.

And on that note, I'll leave you to it.

I read you say that what concerns most Clyde fans is how guys conduct themselves as a Clyde player. Racially abusing someone whilst wearing a Clyde jersey should perhaps be concerning then.

And on that note, I'll leave you to it.
If the relationship between Love and Omar wasn't completely and utterly clouded by Omar being a total thug and a spurned lover who tried to assault Love after the match, or if Love had been given more than a cursory 5-game ban (look at other precedents for racist abuse), then perhaps you'd have a point. As I've said, though, your historical hatred of all things Clyde means you will only ever bring focus to players of ours who have skeletons in their closet. A bit of consistency, or just accepting football for being football without looking to point-score like an Old Firm fan at any opportunity, wouldn't go amiss.

Archived