Elgin City vs Clyde FC

That result means it would have been play off regardless of the points deduction or not 
so you think the points deduction had nothing to do with what has been described as a poor performance ?

that's ok let's forget all about it I'm sure the club will appreciate your lack of concern [emoji106]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

so you think the points deduction had nothing to do with what has been described as a poor performance ?

that's ok let's forget all about it I'm sure the club will appreciate your lack of concern emoji106.png

It's hard to say I'm not in the dressing room, it probably did play a part but all I was saying is that we would have been 10 points behind, anyway someone's "administrative error" cost us the title knowing us we'll finish 4 points behind. 

The day the league was lost before a ball was kicked. Every supporter and every one  involved with the club was gutted and deflated before they even travelled. The person who's mistake it was should be sacked instantly. Lets all get behind the team at home next week and get 3 points to help secure that play off place. Come on Clyde were all behind you.

17 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I only stuck a princely £20 on it. Absolute cert that was happening today.
emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Wish I’d thought of that. As a rule I never bet on games involving my own club but should have made today the exception. 

As it was, Reading fucked my coupon and £250 by scoring 4 minutes into injury time. 

On a day like this, I thank God for alcohol. 

Really poor today but should have scored more than the goal we did and could easily have conceded more In the last 10 minutes.

On the pitch today wasn’t great. Let’s get it out off our system and get ourselves in shape for the playoffs. Promotion was the aim and still is and we still have the players and management team to do just that.

Other thoughts whilst I wait for my chippy.

We won the toss and played downhill with the wind first half. Second half we couldn't get out of our half as the wind picked up. Gamble either way but we lost out there.

DL took far too long to change it second half. Love and Goodwillie standing alone up front with no-one, including the ball, anywhere near them.

Cogill didn't look fit and Rumsby misjudged the ball in the air constantly. Duffie our best defender.

Midfield weren't beaten but at the end of the game they were getting caught on the ball, sometimes as last man! Lamont anonymous. Love irrelevant. Goodwillie missed some terrific chances.

Elgin better than the other two games. Used the conditions better. Gourlay made three outstanding saves but his kicking is atrocious.

Really poor today but should have scored more than the goal we did and could easily have conceded more In the last 10 minutes.

On the pitch today wasn’t great. Let’s get it out off our system and get ourselves in shape for the playoffs. Promotion was the aim and still is and we still have the players and management team to do just that.
remember to take your brush to broadwood I'm sure our fantastic board of directors will hold up the carpet to sweep the points deduction under [emoji106]

remember to take your brush to broadwood I'm sure our fantastic board of directors will hold up the carpet to sweep the points deduction under [emoji106]

I was talking about the performance today only and drawing a line under that only. The points deduction is a different matter that needs to be addressed. No sweeping going on here.

I was talking about the performance today only and drawing a line under that only. The points deduction is a different matter that needs to be addressed. No sweeping going on here.
decisive action is required to get the focus back on the team these individuals have driven a wrecking ball through our promotion bid and how much revenue will be lost through attendances up until May

let's see if Dishon is up to the job

Wish I’d thought of that. As a rule I never bet on games involving my own club but should have made today the exception. 
As it was, Reading fucked my coupon and £250 by scoring 4 minutes into injury time. 
On a day like this, I thank God for alcohol. 
I've absolutely no problem betting against my own team. I scooped a pretty decent amount in the 2 weeks Airdrie played Forfar and (especially) Brechin.
The way I see it, I personally cannot affect the outcome of the game, and its the one team I know MOST about (performance, team news etc.)

decisive action is required to get the focus back on the team these individuals have driven a wrecking ball through our promotion bid and how much revenue will be lost through attendances up until May

let's see if Dishon is up to the job
If we listened to you we would have bumped Norrie before he even started !

7 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Got to love Omar and McHardy - in f**k knows knows how many years , one play off effort which we duly dispatched is the best they can do. A nothing club that deserves a relegation over Berwick or Albion. 

F883ED42-164E-43D6-855F-1E6BE384448E.gif

Archived