• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
DA Baracus

Athletic (A) vs Athletic (D)

Will be a bit of a battle unless we can score early. I quite like Alloa, some view of the hills.

Now that the wee bit of ground beside KFC is an Aldi? is there anywhere decent for parking?

Edited by D.A.F.C

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Will be a bit of a battle unless we can score early. I quite like Alloa, some view of the hills.

Now that the wee bit of ground beside KFC is an Aldi? is there anywhere decent for parking?

Not sure, we scored fairly late on there last time. Would take that again.

It's going to be a battle, but we're far more set up for that now, it doesn't bother me if this becomes scrappy.

Think Jackson longridge will be back in for this 1. Not sure if that means craigen will be dropped, moved to right back or back into midfield, several options.

Weekly question over who supports Anderson up front, again several options, smith maybe ? Just thinking on the small pitch there would be less
Opportunity for connely or longridge to create from, not that either particularly deserves to miss out

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The big car park at Morrisons/B&M. Few minutes walk to away section.

Bring in Smith for Connolly or Longridge? Whut? What's he going to provide that they haven't?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Bring in Smith for Connolly or Longridge? Whut? What's he going to provide that they haven't?

Abit more energy/ physicality,

Its  not a move i'm desperate to make,  but IMO an option worth considering. 

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not even an option worth considering. Offered next to nothing whenever he has played since returning from Arbroath. I'm all for promoting youth and don't want to be to negative but the boys went backwards since he broke onto the scene. Hopefully the new coaching staff can improve that but if a few more return from injury I don't think I would even have him as an option from the bench.

He played in the reserves on Monday, which pretty much guarantees he won't be starting on Saturday.

I see no reason to change what's working.

The big car park at Morrisons/B&M. Few minutes walk to away section.
Is it ok to park for a few hours?

Totally fine, done it a couple of years ago

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Totally fine, done it a couple of years ago

We do it every game , no problems.use the far end away from the supermarket entrance.

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Not even a little bit. 

Jackson Longridge will come back in at left back, but I feel Craigen will go to right back leaving Williamson out. Craigen has been excellent in so many unnatural positions, he deserves his place.

Craigen played the end of the Queen of the South game in a more central role so wouldn't be surprised If he ends up playing there again on Saturday. Then again, the tight pitch might not be to Williamsons advantage so Right Back is probably more realistic.

Scully

Williamson Devine Ashcroft J.Longridge

Thomson Beadling Blair

Craigen Connelly

Anderson

Wouldn't be surprised to see us start the way we ended last Saturday (before the Durnan change).

Its refreshing going to games and genuinely not being sure what the team/formation is going to be. With AJ you could have made a fortune betting the starting XI every week if it was possible.

Williamson and Higginbotham both needing dropped

20 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Yey, the most needy fans in the league. 

Absolutely. Which is a shame as I thought Alloa would be everyone's second favourite team OR a bunch of lunatic part-timers kicking folk.

Instead, they bring almost nothing special to the division at all. Sad!

Not been to a game since January so firing down to this and looking forward to seeing the invincible machine we've become.