Athletic (A) vs Athletic (D)

It's more cramped than the main stand at Capoielow, has pillars far more regularly and gives you a shit view. Us taking over a thousand doesn't mean the facilities are OK, it means it's a close ground in a game we'll mine more than we'll lose, for a prime example of that look at how many head along to Central Park when we play cowdenbeath. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Couldn't a simple enclosure ala Forfar be put in instead? It would absolutely transform the ground and surely would have been far more value for money than the gazebo.

Any other club bar possibly caley (who put in far higher quality stands) that have put in 'temporary ' stands have had them up for 1 or 2 seasons at most.

The idea that piece of shit is to sit there for another 20 years is ridiculous.

I'd be happy with a Forfar style enclosure. Can see why they went with the gazebo though, provides covered seating and allows them time to get the right long term solution. A permanent structure would be preferable but I used to sit in the gazebo occasionally before the ground was segregated and it was fine. Don't recall many complaints this season either until the Pars came to town. Needy, some might say. 

I remember going to a game at the Rec circa 2002 and we were stood in that stand. Was it just a big forestry type area that was there before the KFC was built?

stands don't build themselves you need money, 

So away fans are paying for the possibility of Alloa maybe having a new stand in the future?

Archived