Athletic (A) vs Athletic (D)

This Saturday at Recreation Park, Alloa.

Big game once more. Alloa are desperate for the points to avoid relegation. We are too but now also want them for a surprise playoff push.

We can make it 5 wins and 5 clean sheets in a row. Our visit earlier in the season saw us win one nil. Would take that again.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Saturday at Recreation Park, Alloa.
Big game once more. Alloa are desperate for the points to avoid relegation. We are too but now also want them for a surprise playoff push.
We can make it 6 wins and 6 clean sheets in a row. Our visit earlier in the season saw us win one nil. Would take that again.
5 wins and 5 clean sheets, no?

Either number is an incredible achievement and I'd bite your arm off for a 1-0 right now.

Any win will do though. And it's more than doable. It's crazy how far we've come in the last few weeks.

12 hours ago, Astro said:

5 wins and 5 clean sheets, no?

Either number is an incredible achievement and I'd bite your arm off for a 1-0 right now.

Any win will do though. And it's more than doable. It's crazy how far we've come in the last few weeks.

Whoops! 5 and 5 is indeed correct! Not sure where I got 6 from!

As a Pars fan you're always waiting for the next disappointment but I see no reason why we can't win on Saturday. Confidence should be up, the side are battling really well and we have the chance to really get fired into this race for the top four.

A win would end any lingering worries about the bottom two but Alloa are tough. They have a few really decent players and their win at Queens will have concerned Falkirk and Thistle fans, who  may have thought they'd chucked it.

Gutted to be missing the game; usually really enjoy a trip to the Recs.

Archived