• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

You'd think a fan of a team pushing for promotion might have started this. 

We are expected to lose, so with 3 more games in 11 days after this, time to make a few changes. 

O'kane, Mcilduff, Adamson and Murphy should all start. Maybe even Wilson. Also despite Aloulou getting roundly slated after the Albion game, I'd start him here as I guess he may be at his best on artificial turf

Brennan 

Forbes Wilson Hume Mcilduff

Brown O'Kane 

Barr Murphy

Adamson Aloulou

10 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Sensible suggested 11 but I'm missing Brydon. Injured?

No. Just suggesting we rest him for more winnable games. Maybe play him in place of Hume, then. 

Due to work commitments I can't make it (OMNES: CHEERS). So this means one of two things could happen:

1) A Berwick win. City have lost a few when I haven't made it this season or

2) City win about six scud just to annoy me. 

We all know what the outcome is, to go or not to go is the only thing up for debate. Don’t know if I can be bothered to watch another defeat in a soulless pit. 

1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

We all know what the outcome is, to go or not to go is the only thing up for debate. Don’t know if I can be bothered to watch another defeat in a soulless pit. 

Can't argue with that. Worst ground in the League. 

Fair play to the gaffer. Many changes tonight, 3 up front, Penicuik 3 all on the bench. 

Cmon the Dream Team, nothing to lose, Hendo in Dougie’s pocket tonight 

45 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Fair play to the gaffer. Many changes tonight, 3 up front, Penicuik 3 all on the bench. 

Reading P&B and making a point I wonder. 

Probably more he believes Saturday is a more winnable game, rest the normal starting players tonight. But if the players get a result tonight surely they must all be in with a shout of starting on Saturday? 

Far far better. Better team first half and probably had the better chances. Unlucky not to come away with a point at the end.

Up against it for most of the night but cannot fault the side for the shift they put in.
Kept their shape, put plenty effort in with a bit of luck might have stole a point at the end.

Does anyone know how many penalties have Edinburgh City had this season?

A quick count on Fotmob (and I've been to the pub so may have missed some) shows that Edinburgh have scored 8 penalties and Berwick have conceded 9!

Doesn't count any that were missed. 

By way of an unscientific comparison, Annan appear to have scored 3

Edited by Redcar

1 hour ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

I have noticed James McDonagh the manager of City never has a post match interview when they lose!  Only when they win.  

Jim Jeffries is the manager, McDonut is his bagman.

Attendance of 253. Absolutely disgraceful for a team on the verge of promotion. 

Might as well play behind closed doors and save all the fuss of safety inspections, tea huts, stewards and oiling the turnstiles.