Rovers v Airdrie

Can we play Airdrie every week?

Since we’ve came down from the Championship, our record against Airdrie has been brilliant.

Played 8

Won 6
Drew 2
Lost 0

Scored 16
Conceded 8
I said as much in my original post, it was ALWAYS going to be a Raith win, we cannot buy a win against you.
Mate its the worst Airdrie side in my 50+years.
I'm still giving that to Gary Mackay in my lifetime.

Our reserves would beat the first team [emoji23]
I was actually thinking about this after a few beers last night.
SURELY now is the time to get 1 or 2 of these guys a couple of games in e.g Barrowman and Hawkshaw?
This gaggle of charlatans have absolutely no bottle at all, and with Murrays chat this week about a "clear out" it would certainly help him identify the ones that may be able to make a step up and provide competition for a place for next season?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I said as much in my original post, it was ALWAYS going to be a Raith win, we cannot buy a win against you.I'm still giving that to Gary Mackay in my lifetime.I was actually thinking about this after a few beers last night.
SURELY now is the time to get 1 or 2 of these guys a couple of games in e.g Barrowman and Hawkshaw?
This gaggle of charlatans have absolutely no bottle at all, and with Murrays chat this week about a "clear out" it would certainly help him identify the ones that may be able to make a step up and provide competition for a place for next season?

Think it will be harder to pick a couple of players to keep, what a team of no heart players,and you are right it will have to be other players that have to get a chance to save the drop ,a good few of the airdrie player are the worst I have seen in a airdrie jersey in a lot of years of watching .I really find it hard to keep paying to watch players like Conroy where is supposed to be playing ,MacIntosh what is he a striker no ,a wide man no ,don’t think he knows himself where and what to do .there is something seriously wrong on and off the park ,

21 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Bottom line is you have to enter Methil! 

Aye , fife council are to blame for state of Methil , no investment , just left to rot . Kirkcaldy will be next , but you cant see that ?  :(

5 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

The stand the away fans was in was shocking and Broomfield got closed down for a lot less

It was not the worst I have experienced-Central Park was far worse. The view was quite good( not our football) . It was quite narrow between the rows right  at the back but plenty leg room from the second back row down. It did look a wee bit tired and the seats were quite dirty as I presume they are hardly used. The toilet was basic but far better than the Somerset park one, On the plus side the Pie and Bovril were very good and the guy serving had a very friendly manner. I remember the toilets under the old Broomfield stand which was an experience . Also the days when most of the bogs was the slope at the Adam avenue end but the atmosphere was super.  What was shocking was our performance.

Archived