Rovers v Airdrie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

First half not great, but well in control second half. 

Mckay was decent, no nonsense defender. 

Would agree with that. Last half hour of the first half was pretty dire but we improved in the second half.

I thought McKay was a bit shaky first half, loose in possession and switched off and lost his man for the chance Davo cleared off the line. To be expected when he’s just getting back in the team though and he was solid second half.

In addition to this he seems to complement Davo quite well. Davo was better today, always seems to be play better alongside McKay than he does with Bene.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Can we play Airdrie every week?

Since we’ve came down from the Championship, our record against Airdrie has been brilliant.

Played 8

Won 6
Drew 2
Lost 0

Scored 16
Conceded 8

We have not had a win since 2011 and although that obviously is due to the above, it shows how far we have declined in those years. The first minute should have produced a Raith goal and that ten minute spell was dire from my point of view. Watching it from the side was slightly better from then till half time . Our one decent move with Duffy's header being cleared was about all we showed in an attacking sense. One goal was going to decide it and it was a long ball fast break but I give credit to  your no 8 for a great run and finish. I don't get the changes made by Ian Murray as I think our loan players are no better than what we had(including the ones we sent out ) and his cautious tactics have now taken us even closer to the foot.  Ryan  Conroy wandered all over the place largely to no avail.  The back three worked really hard as usual and Robertson was fine in replacing O'Neil but the others were so ordinary.  They now make Sean McIntosh the most  effective player. As for Raith they did have more pace and did at least attack but it was maybe too close for your liking. The results elsewhere are getting even more bizarre but our form is worrying. At least I got the 100+ away support just about correct-oh for the days of Paul Harvey's chip and Kenny Black's 40 yarder. 

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:16, Broken Algorithms said:

I've no idea why anyone would actually want to go to East Fife away. It's a rank wee ground, in the middle of nowhere, with terrible transport links. We won our main derby when it came about this season, and it's pretty much a meaningless game.

Rank wee ground ? Our stadium is a modern football ground , with a view  of the surrounding coast .  Compared to your FALLING  TO BITS , HALF EMPTY  SHITE HOLE  .  Main derby ? are you kidding ?

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:34, Scary Bear said:

All true. It is a shitey wee one-sided ground, with shitey transport links. It’s on a similar standing to our games with Cowdenbeath. It was mainly just to see if we can win one derby game this season. No other reason and the way it’s going we’ll maybe meet them in the play-offs.

Transport links ? is that the best you can do ?  Most of us have cars  ? you can get a direct link to the ground via yer bus pass .

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:41, Scary Bear said:

Wait till Tazz1903 sees it. Boooom!

Seen it  :lol: pmsl

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 14:05, Wee Sandy said:

Is that the cartoon character?

I thought I was on  IGNORE ?  cheers my wee pal . :P

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:00, Raithie said:

Tazz the cartoon character probably speaks more coherently than Tazz on here going by his posts.

Raithie  ?  :rolleyes: enjoy yer cartoons  ? :1eye

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:58, Scary Bear said:

A notorious death road* and nae train station. Shitey. 

*according to the Fife Free Press

p.s. you’ve gone a bit King Kebab there.

Death road ? hardly ?  FFS . show us how may deaths on this road ? Talking  PISH :shutup 

22 hours ago, CALDERON said:

About 23 years. 

Just past the traditional away end. 

Railway stand has been there since approx 1980/82

The steelwork and roof panels were supplied by Butler Buildings who used to be up in Mitchelson estate.

All was supplied at cost.

The concrete and foundation work was the main expenditure as it had to satisfy safety conditions being so close to the railway

8 minutes ago, Dunnikier said:

The steelwork and roof panels were supplied by Butler Buildings who used to be up in Mitchelson estate.

The concrete and foundation work was the main expenditure as it had to satisfy safety conditions being so close to the railway

You're talking about the Andy Harrow stand. The extension was built in 1996.

40 minutes ago, Dunnikier said:

Not where Airdrie fans were located. I stood on terracing their in the 90s so it's certainly younger than the 80s.

48 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Rank wee ground ? Our stadium is a modern football ground , with a view  of the surrounding coast .  Compared to your FALLING  TO BITS , HALF EMPTY  SHITE HOLE  .  Main derby ? are you kidding ?

Transport links ? is that the best you can do ?  Most of us have cars  ? you can get a direct link to the ground via yer bus pass .

Seen it  :lol: pmsl

I thought I was on  IGNORE ?  cheers my wee pal . :P

Raithie  ?  :rolleyes: enjoy yer cartoons  ? :1eye

Death road ? hardly ?  FFS . show us how may deaths on this road ? Talking  PISH :shutup 

Bottom line is you have to enter Methil! 

52 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Death road ? hardly ?  FFS . show us how may deaths on this road ? Talking  PISH 

I think what he meant you start out from Kirkcaldy and find that every Cnut at the other end is brain dead.

5 hours ago, Paco said:

Super Dave McKay has now played in 60% of our clean sheets, despite starting 25% of our matches.

emoji7.png

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:
5 hours ago, Paco said:
Super Dave McKay has now played in 60% of our clean sheets, despite starting 25% of our matches.

emoji7.png

Thought he didn't miss a beat today. Looked far more assured than Bene has.

1 hour ago, Hottoddy22 said:

What a difference with McKay in defence, so calm and composed, strolled through the game

I saw McKay at Stranraer last week and he was very composed and worthy of his call up.

Today he grew into the role and accomplished himself with distinction.

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I thought McKay was a bit shaky first half, loose in possession and switched off and lost his man for the chance Davo cleared off the line. To be expected when he’s just getting back in the team though and he was solid second half.

In addition to this he seems to complement Davo quite well. Davo was better today, always seems to be play better alongside McKay than he does with Bene.

My  recollection ,Airdries only chance where Davo cleared off the line originated from a shit clearance down the line from Crane who for me is not a very good full back

Davo was one of our better players today which cant be said of many of the others.McKaye was fine today and certainly no worse than an experienced Bene

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Fair play to Airdrie fans today. That must be the worst Airdrie team I have seen in my 35 years of going to football.

Mate its the worst Airdrie side in my 50+years.

Archived