Rovers v Airdrie

This is it then, the big one.

Can Rovers make it 4 games unbeaten? Can Airdrie claim their first victory of the season against us? Will McGlynn swap the 'keepers for the seventh game in a row?  Just a small sample of the issues to be decided this Saturday.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i‘m being forced to attend this game. I was going to hold out until the home game with Dumbo or East Fife away.

I need to reset my priorities and get behind us again in the hope we can win a two-legged play-off tie for the first time.

This is a home game so there must be s reasonable chance of a win. Maybe Barjonas will do something this game. Maybe the guy from Hibs will decide he’s the next Ryan Hardie. Maybe Nisbet will rediscover his early season form. Then again...

13 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I think i‘m being forced to attend this game. I was going to hold out until the home game with Dumbo or East Fife away.

I need to reset my priorities and get behind us again in the hope we can win a two-legged play-off tie for the first time.

This is a home game so there must be s reasonable chance of a win. Maybe Barjonas will do something this game. Maybe the guy from Hibs will decide he’s the next Ryan Hardie. Maybe Nisbet will rediscover his early season form. Then again...

For "reasonable chance of a win" read "stonewall certain home win", last weeks scrape through was not as a result of a sudden improvement in form, just luckily playing a team that actually played worse than us

15 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I've no idea why anyone would actually want to go to East Fife away. It's a rank wee ground, in the middle of nowhere, with terrible transport links. We won our main derby when it came about this season, and it's pretty much a meaningless game.

We can't seem to buy a win against the Rovers at all, and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. No matter how Airdrie are playing, or how badly Raith are, they'll always pull a result out against Airdrie.
Saturday past there was absolutely chronic, and as already mentioned, it was only because we played a team worse than ourselves (which takes some doing just now BTW).

Raith 2-0 Airdrie

Move along please nothing to see here.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I've no idea why anyone would actually want to go to East Fife away. It's a rank wee ground, in the middle of nowhere, with terrible transport links. We won our main derby when it came about this season, and it's pretty much a meaningless game.

drama warning.jpg

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

All true. It is a shitey wee one-sided ground, with shitey transport links. It’s on a similar standing to our games with Cowdenbeath. It was mainly just to see if we can win one derby game this season. No other reason and the way it’s going we’ll maybe meet them in the play-offs.

10 minutes ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

Shitey transport links to New Bayview???? Buses from Kirkcaldy stop outside the ground ffs.

A notorious death road* and nae train station. Shitey. 

*according to the Fife Free Press

p.s. you’ve gone a bit King Kebab there.

2 hours ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

Scary- you are building a great book of excuses not to go to games. I await your next one with interest.

I said I was going to the Airdrie game and the East Fife game! Although I have been known to change my mind.

Given our record against Raith  recently I can't see us getting a win but a point would be desirable. We do have the second best defensive stats in L1 ( I think) but we lack real creative midfielders. Raith appear to be allowing Arbroath to go unpunished when they drop points and Forfar are the form team in second place. The play off spots might be interesting yet again this season. Which stand will our fans ( about 100?) be in?

9 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Given our record against Raith  recently I can't see us getting a win but a point would be desirable. We do have the second best defensive stats in L1 ( I think) but we lack real creative midfielders. Raith appear to be allowing Arbroath to go unpunished when they drop points and Forfar are the form team in second place. The play off spots might be interesting yet again this season. Which stand will our fans ( about 100?) be in?

You will still manage to score against us, we don’t really do clean sheets. Arbroath have the league sewn up, it would be nice if we could finish second though and get the second leg of a play off at home. 

Arbroath have been in great form for most of the season but you are correct every time they dropped points we failed to capitalise. Saturday was the first time we have closed the gap on Arbroath (minus when we beat them at Gayfield) since they went top I believe and even then we only drew. 

Normally you’d be in the corner of the main stand but Montrose got the Railway Stand in our last home game so you may be lucky enough to get the same. Our match preview is usually on the website towards the end of the week and will confirm. 

12 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

You will still manage to score against us, we don’t really do clean sheets. Arbroath have the league sewn up, it would be nice if we could finish second though and get the second leg of a play off at home. 

Arbroath have been in great form for most of the season but you are correct every time they dropped points we failed to capitalise. Saturday was the first time we have closed the gap on Arbroath (minus when we beat them at Gayfield) since they went top I believe and even then we only drew. 

Normally you’d be in the corner of the main stand but Montrose got the Railway Stand in our last home game so you may be lucky enough to get the same. Our match preview is usually on the website towards the end of the week and will confirm. 

Thanks for info. I always prefer watching a game from the side rather than behind goal. If it is it makes three different viewpoints in my visits. I hope your optimism about us scoring pans out! Finishing second would be better as you say but it won't be us. A disappointing season after such an optimistic pre season scenario. 

Archived