Algarve Cup - Scotland v Iceland

GordonS

Game's live on the BBC website, it's HT just now, 2-0 to Scotland. I wasn't able to watch the first half, anyone see it? How did it go?

Been a good competition so far for Scotland, losing 1-0 to a late penalty against the fifth-best team in the world in a decent performance, and now a good lead against Iceland.

While I'm here, anyone see USA v England on Saturday night? Even though the USA players are on their close season, I thought England looked frighteningly good.

Finished 4-1 to Scotland and it didn't flatter us at all. A really solid, dominant performance. It looked to me like the experience of playing a few games in a row against teams at the very top has hardened us, given more sharpness and focus, so when an opponent came along who's decent but not at the highest level, we were able to steamroller them.

We'll need to see what happens in other groups but we're in a good position to get into the 5th-placed play off match.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

While I'm here, anyone see USA v England on Saturday night? Even though the USA players are on their close season, I thought England looked frighteningly good.

Yes will be a very tough first game in the World Cup v England. 

Good to see a few goals rattling in today though.

Archived