Arbroath v Stenhousemuir

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Arbroath 12 points clear of the league’s only full-time side after 28 games and some of their fans are questioning Dick Campbell?  Incredible.

Our recent form isn’t beyond question, especially losing to shite like you lot. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conditions were horrendous but we rode our luck first half with the missed penalty, and then ridiculously scored from an inswinging corner into the wind.

Once we got the 2nd I never felt like we were going to concede. Our backline has been solid in recent weeks and was strengthened even more by the return of Morgyn Neill.

Only negatives were the red card obviously. No idea what happened. And the injury to McBrearty. Really hope it is not serious as he has been a revelation in recent weeks.

Great win and let’s see what next weekend brings.

5 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Conditions were horrendous but we rode our luck first half with the missed penalty, and then ridiculously scored from an inswinging corner into the wind.

Once we got the 2nd I never felt like we were going to concede. Our backline has been solid in recent weeks and was strengthened even more by the return of Morgyn Neill.

Only negatives were the red card obviously. No idea what happened. And the injury to McBrearty. Really hope it is not serious as he has been a revelation in recent weeks.

Great win and let’s see what next weekend brings.

Boy was given the wan-ker sign to fans and Lino spotted it, Munro went mental at him, 

I agree wee never looked like scoring 

12 points clear with 24 to play for,  sounds mental but 3 wins would probably be enough, but can’t see where the wins are coming from just now, 

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

You lot just remember and take points off te chasing pack too and keep Thomas warm for us next season 

We will if you take care of East Fife!

DT’s destined for much bigger things than Gayfield.

Doom and Gloom! Get a grip! Every team tends to have a form drop during the season.

We are 12 points ahead with 8 games to go. Who has got us there? Aye Dick and team who took over when we were crap. He then won us our second championship ever and a few weeks ago took us to Kirkcaldy for a good win.
No team can expect to win every game - look at Real Madrid.
So fans get a grip, support the team and take us to a third championship and cut out the negativity but I suppose Arbroath folk have a history of negativity and some appear to relish it.
24 points left to play for and we need a maximum of 13. We can do it but need the help of our support not their negativity.

I think Spence has had 1 shot on goal in 5 matches, and Donnelly has had 2 in the same period. In our last 4 games we've played Airdrie, scored 3 goals from set pieces (two penalties) and didn't look like scoring outwith the set pieces, against East Fife and Donnelly scored with a good finish but also missed a sitter and we only had 5 shots on goal (only 1 from a striker). We played Dumbarton last Saturday and had 2 shots on goal, although I only remember Doris' effort the near the end and can't remember the other one..... I'm fairly confident it wasn't Spence or Donnelly who had it regardless. Today we played Stenhousemuir, who are bottom of the table, at home and we had 0 shots on the goal. We had the wind behind us first half and it died down second half and we were chasing the game while Stenny sat in. In neither half did we have a single shot on target. Not one.

I'm going to make a fairly bold statement and suggest that we've maybe got a bit of an issue upfront :unsure: We haven't looked dangerous from open play for a while now, and we need to be starting Wallace every week if fit and giving Doris/ McKenna a chance alongside him. Although Doris hasn't troubled the goal much himself he is obviously offering far more of a threat than Spence or Donnelly currently are and Wallace/ McKenna is the proven partnership. For his own sake Dick needs to take Donnelly out the team for 3/4 games and use him sparingly, it's not working for him whatsoever right now and if he plays anymore football in the next few weeks any confidence he has left is going to be totally gone. 

This “we should be happy because we are ahead” patter by other fans is a bit boring, we have been pretty shit since Christmas apart from the odd game and our new signings are utter shite aswell. This will probably go to the wire. 

Fantastic result for The Mighty. I assume we went with a back 3 today?

Sounds like a daft sending off for Morgyn which is a shame I think we are better equipped for a back 3 with the players we have. 

Roll on Methil.

P.S. Some heads gone Arbroath fans in here it's pretty embarrassing. You will still win the league at a canter calm down ladies.

Not really overly keen on the slagging of Spence and Donnelly it's not easy moving into a new team and some of the games they've been involved in have been in hurricane like conditions

However, Doris, Wallace and McCord are settled and been here for a long time. They should be ahead in the pecking order at the moment I think anyway

Must be very hard for new players coming into a hugely successful team as they're in a no win situation. Actually thought Donnely was decent against us last midweek. Spence I'm not sure has been that great for a couple of years

Spence was bang average for us last year - Deary me there’s a meltdown on here tonight, sure enough you will still win the league, but would you really want to go up with the team you currently have? It would be embarrassing

Spence was bang average for us last year - Deary me there’s a meltdown on here tonight, sure enough you will still win the league, but would you really want to go up with the team you currently have? It would be embarrassing

Our back 4 and keeper are excellent. Linn is excellent. We have some other very good players, as good as you'll get at part time. But we would obviously need to strengthen in certain areas and use the loan system like Alloa have.

You are literally saying this off the back of 2 defeats in a row, 4 defeats over 28 games. Now bore off please

50 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Fantastic result for The Mighty. I assume we went with a back 3 today?

Sounds like a daft sending off for Morgyn which is a shame I think we are better equipped for a back 3 with the players we have. 

Roll on Methil.

P.S. Some heads gone Arbroath fans in here it's pretty embarrassing. You will still win the league at a canter calm down ladies.

Yeah, 3 at the back with Cook and Reid playing wing backs.

Archived