Arbroath v Stenhousemuir

Reckon we need about 3/4 wins to wrap this league up. Saturday is a huge chance to get one of them at home to the bottom of the league. Obviously have not been playing very well recently and still missing a few key players but I'd hope we could win this one

Reckon McKenna will get his red card over turned and be available and hopefully Thomson, Wallace and Gold can all make it. I thought Bell done well at the weekend and would be happy to see him play again too.

Hard to pick a line up at the moment will need to wait and hear news on who can and can't make it later in the week but I think Doris deserves to come in upfront and Denholm deserves a chance out wide over Omar.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree 4 at the back, think denholm deserves a start, donnelly and spence to the bench with mckenna & wallace/doris up top depending on who’s available. I’ve said before i really like mccord but agree him & gav cant play in the middle together and mccord had a stinker on saturday. If he gets another chance maybe just off the striker?

Agree 4 at the back, think denholm deserves a start, donnelly and spence to the bench with mckenna & wallace/doris up top depending on who’s available. I’ve said before i really like mccord but agree him & gav cant play in the middle together and mccord had a stinker on saturday. If he gets another chance maybe just off the striker?

Feel a bit sorry for McCord waited ages for a chance and when it came the game was played in the most anti-Pongo conditions possible. Maybe push Gav up alongside Doris?

Hopefully get a few boys back and get back to a back 4,  Playing a back 4 with Bobby as wingback and midfield with McCord and Swankie was always going to end bad, It’s done now so hopefully get McKennas card over turned and Thomson and Gold back 

Dj 

Thomson  Little ToB Gold 

Linn Whatley Mckenna  DD

Wallace Doris 

If Wallace unfit then Swankie      

Lets get back to basics and Wallace and McKenna up front, if Wallace is injured then lets start with Stevie D :-

DJ

THOMSON    LITTLE   TOB   GOLD

LITTLE   WHATLEY    SWANKIE    DD

MCKENNA    WALLACE (DORIS)

Struggling to see how we will line up with the 2 suspensions, Could see us going with

SMITH

REID  MARSH   MUNRO  DONALDSON

FERRY

DICKSON     MCBREARTY    GIBBONS     COOK

MCGUIGAN

Could see Neill return ahead of Marsh or Hurst ahead of Dickson

Lets get back to basics and Wallace and McKenna up front, if Wallace is injured then lets start with Stevie D :-
                                              DJ

Ricky Little right wing would be very interesting [emoji12]

1 hour ago, CEMSFC said:

Struggling to see how we will line up with the 2 suspensions, Could see us going with

SMITH

REID  MARSH   MUNRO  DONALDSON

FERRY

DICKSON     MCBREARTY    GIBBONS     COOK

MCGUIGAN

Could see Neill return ahead of Marsh or Hurst ahead of Dickson

I wouldn't want to see us drop Greg Hurst, he's really looked the part since he came into the team. He was very good against Brechin City at the weekend.

Think Hurst will play wide right with Connor McBrearty and Sean Dickson in the middle.

18 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I wouldn't want to see us drop Greg Hurst, he's really looked the part since he came into the team. He was very good against Brechin City at the weekend.

Think Hurst will play wide right with Connor McBrearty and Sean Dickson in the middle.

Could do that as well. Maybe Thomas Halleran in the middle instead, most likely Sean though

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I've been really surprised with Hurst. Even before Saturday, when he was excellent, he has scored two decent goals. So yes, I would imagine Hurst will play on Saturday. 

We'll probably lose this contest but this is a decent time to be playing Arbroath - they seem to be going through the motions at the moment haven't performed with their usual zest over the past month.

(That said, they do have the best squad in the division so any under-performing players can be easily replaced; not a lot of teams have that luxury.)

Hopefully a few players back from injury, and we will also hear back from the SFA about McKenna tomorrow. Regardless of players returning/appeals being successful we absolutely cannot start with Donnelly and Spence.

Doris should start. And if Wallace is fit then so should he

A few guys around me were slating doris for missing his 1v1 on saturday, i was just thankful one of our strikers got into that position in the first place

9 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

DJ

Aye, Bobby Linn needs dropped. Ricky can play two positions at once :)

Doris should start. And if Wallace is fit then so should he

I think we tried that once and it wasn’t a great success. They are the too similar in style. I would pair Wallace with any of the big lads, McKenna, Spence or Donnelly.

I think we tried that once and it wasn’t a great success. They are the too similar in style. I would pair Wallace with any of the big lads, McKenna, Spence or Donnelly.

Doris is much more like McKenna than Wallace, and I'm not sure Doris is any smaller than Spence or McKenna. He's certainly smaller than Donnelly, although Donnelly may aswell be 5 foot 5 he's not a target man.

Archived