Livi vs Saints - 9/3/19

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints have just thrown this season in the bin. This is catastrophic now. Even a below average run of form since Christmas would have had us top six at the moment. What we've served up since then has been diabolical.

Absolute shite, seasons dead. TW better never moan about not getting a budget again considering how fucking woefully hes done with the budget he was given.

I'll happily see a swathe of this squad f**k off in the Summer. Shaughnessy has been part of a defence for years that cant defend crosses, and hes now added the feather of thumping every pass 20 yards beyond any player to his bow.

Watt is surely having a laugh if hes expecting a bigger move.

1 minute ago, LogieLivi said:

Excellent result for us. From the Twitter updates seemed like a solid Livi performance all round

You didn't look bothered at all, a wee shake after we scored, but there was only going to be one winner after the equaliser.

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright on BBC Sportsound: "There was nothing between the two sides except we made more mistakes than them and they punished us.

"We have to do better. Every goal seems to be a mistake. We’ve still got an outside chance [of making the top six], but not if we continue making mistakes.

"It was all a bit passive. Players didn’t want to run in behind or make things happen."

I hope this is just meaningless words and he doesn't actually believe this.

I got this loving feeling...……………..fucking love seeing Livi win a game of football.:wub:

Started really well and Lawson was unlucky not to score a goal, St Johnstone got a goal against the run of play but we didn't give up. When Halkett equalised I really couldn't see us not winning the game, there was just a positive vibe coming from the players. Wee Robbo ran his heart out too, great shift from the wee man, good to see Sibbs and Pitts get on the scoresheet too, hopefully this will be a big boost to the team and we start scoring goals more often. Gonna enjoy watching the game on bbc alba now.

Excellent 3 points and I feel deserved, we surrendered the ball to St Johnstone but they created very little, especially second half. 

We are such a better team with Robinson playing, he gives us so much up top, draws players to him, and leaves room for others. 

Lawson was excellent again, gave us a bit of bite in midfield and stood up to Davidson really well, and really pleased for Sibbald who is steadily growing into premiership football. 

Safety now secured, Gary Holt done a brilliant job, pressure off the boys for the rest of the season, be nice to improve on our away results from here until the end of the season. 

Disappointing performance and result. Thought Livi deserved the 3 points and were never really pushed.

At 1-0 up after 25 minutes or so we looked fairly comfortable. Kennedy was having quite a bit of joy down the right and Foster was supporting him well.

A Livi defender heads Goss's free kick onto his own post and two or three Saints players get in each other's way to pass up a tap in from 5 yards. Think if we'd scored there, it might have killed it for us.

From thereon Livi grew into the game more and got the equaliser when Bell seemed to get caught in no mans land, though I need to see it again. A quick goal after HT, when we play the ball straight to a Livi player and they eventually put over a great cross which Sibbald jumps for whilst Foster appeared rooted to the deck.

Livi sat back at this point, content to hit us on the counter with a long ball over the top, but we couldn't break them down at all. Very frustrating we didn't change it for ages. We made one chance at 1-2 late on where Kane did well and fired it across for Watt to put over the bar from a couple of yards out, but other than that we looked devoid of ideas and decided when we were behind was the time to start constantly playing it square across the back.

Again Shaughnessy bringing the ball out on his left foot with loads of time and we seem to struggle for options or to keep the ball quite regularly. Disappointed to hear him get stick from Saints fans though.

I'm not a Spoony hater by any means, but feel he's offering very little just now and should drop out for a couple of games. Alston and Callachan seem to have been shunted completely out the picture.

Top 6 all but gone for me now. Just no form, no confidence and no sign it's about to turn.  Not a disaster by any means, but when you look at how we were flying going into the break, it does seem a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Such is life.  Good Saints support through today. 

Livingston deserved to win the game, they were the better team.

I think the wind influenced proceedings a bit and with it behind them, Saints maybe just about deserved their lead - the goal certainly wasn't against the run of play as suggested above - but from 38 minutes onwards, when Halkett equalised, Saints were miles off it. If the wind was a factor, Livingston made much more of having it at their backs than we had. The second half had no urgency, a chronic inability to pass the ball properly, no decent movement and, maybe worst of all, Livingston worked harder, even if you do allow for playing into a breeze.

We are on a really bad run now, probably the worst since we were promoted and the worry is you wonder how you change it. I think this is going to end up a disappointing season without many highs, so the summer could require more surgery than we'd have anticipated in January.

Thought we were worth the 3 points today in the end although if Saints had scored that chance at 1-0 it would’ve been game over I think.

Lawson fantastic again, he’s really starting to come on to a game and great to see us make chances and put the ball away which we’ve been struggling with recently.

Surprised at Saints losing 2 goals from crosses, especially a header from Craig Sibbald who isn’t exactly the biggest player. They’ve been good at defending those in the previous 2 games hence my surprise.

Can’t see us making any sort of push for the top 6 but to be pretty much safe with so many games to go is absolutely amazing and I’d have bitten you’re hand off for that at the start of the season. Hopefully play with a bit less pressure now and pick up another few wins to end a great first season back in the top flight!

Honestly think Steve lawson has been really unlucky with his game time and opinion amongst the fans. He’s been asked to play rwb when cdm/cm is clearly a favourable position for him. I can’t lie, and have to say I’m so happy for him now that he’s getting the game time and being recognised, he’s such a great passer and always works hard. Steve lawson is going to be very important next season, love him already and can’t wait to see him play more.

18 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Honestly think Steve lawson has been really unlucky with his game time and opinion amongst the fans. He’s been asked to play rwb when cdm/cm is clearly a favourable position for him. I can’t lie, and have to say I’m so happy for him now that he’s getting the game time and being recognised, he’s such a great passer and always works hard. Steve lawson is going to be very important next season, love him already and can’t wait to see him play more.

He's a natural RB/CDM. Plays RB for Togo internationally. 

Archived