Livi vs Saints - 9/3/19

0-0 anyone?

Or maybe a barnstorming blood and thunder affair with goals a plenty. Think both teams could be doing with a win here to be honest otherwise it’s pretty much top of the bottom 6 to play for.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints have had our number all season. 0-1 in a dirge.

Would love to see Rafa and Dolly back if possible. Dolly took a lot of stick in December, but we've definitely missed him since he's been out. And Rafa's just a class act, looks like he's recovering well and must be close to a full return.

Not going to be a classic, another 1-0 either way is the most realistic outcome. 

Be very interesting to see how we line up for this, Byrne is back, wonder if De Vita might get some game time, think that’s 4 reserve games he’s played 90 minutes in now, Sibbald been good but he’s the obvious one to drop out, and i’d go Hardie and Robinson up top. 

Below is my podcast, we chat about this game around 45 minutes in, we are joined by St johnstone fan Rose Gardiner who helped us review the game, it also includes an interview with Lee Miller if any St J fan is interested in that. 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947

18 hours ago, Widge said:

0-0 anyone?

Or maybe a barnstorming blood and thunder affair with goals a plenty. Think both teams could be doing with a win here to be honest otherwise it’s pretty much top of the bottom 6 to play for. 

I'd take a point, I've resigned myself to us being 9th now, prob be between Saints and Motherwell for that top of the bottom 6 spot.

We could be doing with a bit more of an attacking threat now our midfielders and defenders aren't chipping in with goals, despite Hardie not scoring either i'd start him and have someone up front helping him out a bit too, prob Robbo. Hoping Raffa finally gets a game too, we could be doing with him back to give us a boost in attack.

1-0 Livi. I’m confident we’re going to win this.

Me too. Little confidence in Saints at the moment. Although we’ve been here (on a lengthy poor run) many tines before.
Seems we can only be consistent over seven or eight matches, whether good or bad.

Bell
Foster, Kerr, Shaughnessy, Tanser
MOH, Davidson, Craig, Swanson
Kennedy, Watt
Baws oot time.
Would love to see Easton getting some time off the bench depending how the game's going.

Only change I’d make to your team is Alston for O’Halloran and leave him on the bench to come off it later on.

Flip a coin for this one and that might the most exciting part of the day. Both teams out of their free-flowing best form. Our defeats have been to sloppy finishing and to a lesser extent defending;. Here's to a classic, folks! :thumsup2

1-0 either way sounds pretty obvious, or 0-0.

Swanson to start after getting hyped up. Maybe a return to a back three? with Swanson floating behind Kane and Kennedy. Davidson and Craig in midfield too.

4 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Bell

Foster, Kerr, Shaughnessy, Tanser

MOH, Davidson, Craig, Swanson

Kennedy, Watt

Baws oot time.

Would love to see Easton getting some time off the bench depending how the game's going.

That's our strongest 11 without Drey imo.

Edit. And Zander obviously. 

Not going to be ideal conditions with the blustery wind and a bit of rain about, so not expecting a classic.

I thought we were unlucky against them earlier in the season, but then again, we seem to have been a bit unlucky against everybody since December.  Perhaps we will get a nice break of the ball at some point today.  1-0 Livi.

Think we'll get the 3 points today. Would leave us only 1 point behind Hibs which is pretty good going after the run we've had.

Back to solid at the back and give nothing away.  2-0 Saints in a characteristic professional away performance.

Two ways to look at Saints at the moment. The positive is we've just played Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibernian and played pretty well all told. The negative is we've just come off the back of two better performances and taken no points.

If we can produce a performance to the level of those three games then we'll give ourselves a decent chance today but, as always, Saints are rarely good enough to not play well and win.

The back three was a disaster at Tynecastle but the manager used it through at Livingston in October and also snapped us out of low return run with it at Fir Park the same month.

It would let him accommodate Goss as well as Craig in a defence and midfield that would pick itself. Up front? Kane is off the back of his first goal and TW saying he'll give him a run. Watt has done pretty well against their defenders, then you have Kennedy, O'Halloran and maybe even Hendry? Tough calls.

Then you look at the windy conditions today. That could suit Livingston for getting the ball in the mixer, do Saints need to try and put a team out then can harness the conditions in an attacking sense as well? Do we even have the players to do that?

Philosophical about the outcome today all things considered so not gonna say I'd be disappointed with this or that.

Chance there'll be a stream for this since it's on Alba?

4-2-3-1 for us, seemingly. Swanson starts.

Archived