The Prodigy

DA Baracus

Just now, Of Average Intelligence said:

The only trolling and attention seeking is those making jokes/puns about a man taking his own life. That quite clearly includes you. 

No.

It's you, and only you.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Suddenly everyone on Facebook who never mentioned the prodigy loved them since the 80s.

LoL did ye aye?

Did you see them in kirkcaldy?

Sit doon

Agreed.  

Sad the fellow has taken his own life but their music was dreadful and liked only by drug taking simpletons.  

Agreed.  

Sad the fellow has taken his own life but their music was dreadful and liked only by drug taking simpletons.  
That's me that is.
Prodigy were a class act went beyond dance music. I guess that's why they have fair weather fans. Their first lp really got me into rave music and I still play it now and again. Android is up there with anything in terms of real quality and they've consistently produced good music for decades. The only rave band to do so.

I saw them do a pa in Paisley in '92 following the release of Charly.  I bought 'Experience' and stayed with them for Jilted Generation and then Fat of the Land.  Great club music and a real treat live at TITP.

ALWAYS saddened to hear of someone taking their own life. 

Im done engaging with you. Continue mocking a suicide if you like but you won't get any more bites from me. 

f**k up Jimmy you absolute psycho.

Agreed.  

^^^Doesn’t need drugs to be a simpleton.

That's me that is.
Prodigy were a class act went beyond dance music. I guess that's why they have fair weather fans. Their first lp really got me into rave music and I still play it now and again. Android is up there with anything in terms of real quality and they've consistently produced good music for decades. The only rave band to do so.

Been a fan since high school, still listen to them regularly and seen them live probably 7 or 8 times over the years. Even fair-weather Prodigy fans will struggle to admit they weren’t blown away if they’ve seen them live. The biggest, baddest Rave, Thrash, Hip-Hop, Electro, Punk show ever. Keith Flint’s evolution from ponytailed backing dancer to snarling, co-frontman is probably the best thing to happen to the band. Absolutely nobody like them.

Not really one for faux grief when a celebrity dies but this has genuinely saddened me. Absolutely loved the Prodigy and saw them live loads since the first time at TITP 98. Horrible that things got so bad he felt the need to take his life and a true loss to the music world.

Agreed.  

Don’t agree with that. They had some absolutely cracking tunes.

Would have loved to have seen them live as seeing their live shows from various festivals on the tv over the years they look fucking amazing live and really knew how to put on a show and have the place bouncing.

One of the best live bands I've seen, so powerful live! The first time was either first or second T in Park at Hamilton, total chaos, couldn't get Poison out ma head after that! Also their show in the tent at Glasgow Green was great as was the secc gig with Foo Fighters supporting, great memories! Keith was certainly a one off! Rip.

Saw them at Glasgow Green in 98 or so and loved it.

My wife is an absolutely huge Prodigy fan - she still to this day bashes on about the early TITP @ Strathclyde Park appearances as being almost life changing.

When they played at Strathallan a couple of years ago she got a wee signed napkin from Keith which she treasures. He was lovely.

My only festival experience with them was Gig on the Green. By all accounts, that was them at their worst, and they were still fucking great. Seen them couple of years ago at the Academy and that was total carnage. Even the seating was going bonkers for the whole thing.

They've been getting nothing but praise for their live shows in the last couple of days and it's been well earned.

I also like their "we can't have enough strobe lights" approach to stage production.

Archived