Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Recommended Posts

This week Sons travel to the nicest part of Angus for a crucial six-pointer. The chance to go within a point of Montrose would've seemed almost unthinkable three weeks ago, which shows how far we've come in such a short space of time. To have any chance, we'll need to score first or the Gable Endies will sit in and do their thing. The meetings between the sides this season have all been very close and I don't see this one being any different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

This week Sons travel to the nicest part of Angus for a crucial six-pointer. 

You really can't stop sticking the knife into these Smokies, can you? :lol:

Montrose are still catchable but if we are to catch them then winning this game is a must. If I'm honest I'd take a point but we're scoring plenty and full of confidence now so hopefully the team believe they can take more than 1 point down the road. A 3-0 win would even out our goal difference, but that's probably quite greedy. All I ask is the team keep up the levels they have in the last 5 weeks, we won't be far away if they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You really can't stop sticking the knife into these Smokies, can you? :lol:

No idea what you mean :whistle:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 months ago I was viewing this fixture as a guaranteed loss but I'm feeling a lot more confident we can take something. It will be far from easy but given our form we should be targetting all 3 IMO.

I'd be tempted to stick Carswell back into midfield if we get the McLean deal sorted (nae idea if that one is still a goer) with Forbes moving wide and Gallagher moving back up top. If the McLean deal is off I'd be quite happy to see us sticking with the same team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 40 points is the number that will guarantee safety. With the winnable home games we have left, three points here would give us a fantastic chance of staying up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a huge game for the Mo. Last two weeks have been poor however our home form this season has been pretty good. A win would move us 14 points away from the bottom (assuming the smokies beat Stenny) which would be a big relief.

As mentioned above every game against Dumbarton this season has been tight so don't expect much different. Cammy will of course get a good reception again however I hope he has a poor game. Would still love to see him in a Mo shirt next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GableEnder21 said:

This is a huge game for the Mo. Last two weeks have been poor however our home form this season has been pretty good. A win would move us 14 points away from the bottom (assuming the smokies beat Stenny) which would be a big relief.

As mentioned above every game against Dumbarton this season has been tight so don't expect much different. Cammy will of course get a good reception again however I hope he has a poor game. Would still love to see him in a Mo shirt next season.

Cammy will be in the Championship next season IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GableEnder21 said:

This is a huge game for the Mo. Last two weeks have been poor however our home form this season has been pretty good. A win would move us 14 points away from the bottom (assuming the smokies beat Stenny) which would be a big relief.

As mentioned above every game against Dumbarton this season has been tight so don't expect much different. Cammy will of course get a good reception again however I hope he has a poor game. Would still love to see him in a Mo shirt next season.

I'd say that, unless one of us goes full-time, there's no chance he'll play any part in this fixture at all next season (assuming we are both in the same league). He should be a stick on for a full-time move in the summer - although you guys probably thought that last year.

Out of interest did you ever play him at left-back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I'd say that, unless one of us goes full-time, there's no chance he'll play any part in this fixture at all next season (assuming we are both in the same league). He should be a stick on for a full-time move in the summer - although you guys probably thought that last year.

Out of interest did you ever play him at left-back?

Yeah? Has he been consistent enough?  Would be chuffed for him because he was always looking for full time football after leaving Utd.

No he always played right wing back for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Yeah? Has he been consistent enough?  Would be chuffed for him because he was always looking for full time football after leaving Utd.

No he always played right wing back for us

Aye. Whilst our defence has been chopped and changed pretty frequently all season, and with nobody looking up to much, Cammy's been the one consistent positive in the team at the back. Even when things were dire under Aitken he was pretty decent (when he was fit), but he's really upped things since Duffy came in, and since moving him to left-back he's been absolutely superb. Imo he must've been pretty close to picking up MOTM awards against Raith and Arbroath.

I can seem him strolling into the first-team at a decent sized Championship club (Dunfermline, Falkirk, Ayr etc) or maybe even getting a move to a lower half Premiership team (St Mirren/Hamilton would be a nice fit) and doing well in the summer. Above his obvious footballing ability he seems to have a great attitude, and that would make him very, very attractive to a lot of teams.

Edited by Ross Forbes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

2 months ago I was viewing this fixture as a guaranteed loss but I'm feeling a lot more confident we can take something. It will be far from easy but given our form we should be targetting all 3 IMO.

I'd be tempted to stick Carswell back into midfield if we get the McLean deal sorted (nae idea if that one is still a goer) with Forbes moving wide and Gallagher moving back up top. If the McLean deal is off I'd be quite happy to see us sticking with the same team.

In Duffy's post-match interview he seemed to suggest that things were only being held up due to waiting for his international clearance to come through. After previously getting a fine for playing Carsy in the Hibs game, I imagine the club want to avoid any chance of that happening again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tempted to head up for this one.
Is Mo Fidelity worth a visit?
Yep it's worth a visit and close to all the pubs.
Small but plenty in there for you vinyl lovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add that I'm not sure Mo Fidelity has any Brian Jonestown Massacre in stock for some of the sons fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

I should add that I'm not sure Mo Fidelity has any Brian Jonestown Massacre in stock for some of the sons fans.

I've got all their stuff anyway. Still, poor show chaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 14:38, BallochSonsFan said:

Tempted to head up for this one.

Is Mo Fidelity worth a visit?

In my experience there were cheaper girls in Brechin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In my experience there were cheaper girls in Brechin.

Those cheap Brechin girls come with a price !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a wee look at our record in Angus this season and, well, it makes for some great reading...

Played: 5
Won: 0
Drawn: 0
Lost: 5

Goals for: 3
Goals against: 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Took a wee look at our record in Angus this season and, well, it makes for some great reading...
Played: 5
Won: 0
Drawn: 0
Lost: 5
Goals for: 3
Goals against: 11
We hadn't won in Stranraer for 16 years until a month ago. We're breaking hoodoos all over the shop now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Took a wee look at our record in Angus this season and, well, it makes for some great reading...

Played: 5
Won: 0
Drawn: 0
Lost: 5

Goals for: 3
Goals against: 11

@O'Kelly Isley III still fancying the trip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×