Montrose v Dumbarton

5 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

They are a band that wear everyday clothes with jeans and shirts. As a psychedelic band you might expect colourful attire but rather plain jeans and shirts/ t- shirts are the order of the day. However, their music is most colourful - some might even say "golden".

Prefer the MC5 myself

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Feeling a wee bit for the Montrose fans who can’t even be bothered to come on here and tell us to shut up about yellow/gold and music in the match thread.

Don't read it then. As soon as you see the burgundy Les Paul and the word "Brian" just simply skip forward.

2 hours ago, RockMusic said:

Yes, very good and very underrated. Would've been a sensational band to have seen live. 

They're supporting Alice Cooper this year as MC50, to mark 50 years of "KOTJ".

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, RockMusic said:
Serious question: who's still alive from the MC5 we know and love? Wayne Kramer? Any more?

Is it not just Wayne Kramer. I love a bit of the MC5 me.

It might just be him. Still, if they can recreate their late 60s energy then it's a must see.

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I recall that the 'pinstripe' strip of the early 1960's had a Wolves-style Old Gold coloured shirt but the socks were always an insipid yellow.

Our kits were black and gold (hoops) in the fifties. if you check http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dumbarton/Dumbarton.htm  it was those colours in 1887-1889 and (barring 1897-1904 and 1921-1924) all the way from 1907 - with variations to the shorts and socks  [the 1967-1969 red ones a horrible aberration, but not as horrible as those flesh coloured ones at Stark's  a few years ago] - to the introduction of the white with black and gold hoop in the 60s (first as a  second strip then from 1969 as the main one.) It started going downhill/yellow in 1988. I've never liked any of the yellow tinged tops.

Archived