Montrose v Dumbarton

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easter week 1972 surely?
Ash, well, it's the old Beatles thing innit ? Some things are what we might call a phenomenon which transcends our normal existence...and for Sons fans such was season 1971/72.

I was physically in attendance for that 3-2 comeback win, but really, all of us visitors were in a different spiritual cosmos that afternoon.

I trust this clears things up.

New signing Brian McLean is added to the squad but defender Ross Perry remains a doubt. Henk Van Schaik who missed last Saturday's win against league leaders Arbroath will sit tomorrow's game out in the stand. Rory Loy and Willie Dyer remain on the sidelines. Iain Russell who made the bench last Saturday is added to the squad.

Mo have got to get back to winning ways to keep above the dog fight at the bottom. Got to try an reach that 40 points spot

Sons having a good spell recently. A draw wouldn't be a bad result but would be delighted with a scrappy 1-0.

9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:
Should be a cracking game...call me brazen but im feeling optimistic!!

Pretty sure when Optimistic realises he'll not be best pleased.

He'll ken ....ma hands are freezin.

First trip to Montrose for about 15 years and rather looking forward to it. Presumably there’s a decent pub near the ground?

The dreaded monthly awards have given me the fear. It would be great to build on the current unbeaten but the past. Both have generated some optimism, and we all know as Dumbarton fans optimism never ends well.

Will be interesting to see how McLean does, presuming he starts as a direct replacement for Henk.

33 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

First trip to Montrose for about 15 years and rather looking forward to it. Presumably there’s a decent pub near the ground?

Golf Inn is probably the best pub in Montrose. Little bit of a trek if you’re arriving by train, but worth it. Otherwise I’d probably say Market Arms on the High Street.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McLean in for Armour and Thomson missing from the squad. I wonder if he's the one leaving?

Thomson's out warming up, so I'm guessing we might've just missed him out on the tweet.

Not a surprise to see McLean in, but I do feel a bit for Armour. He did well last weekend.

On 08/03/2019 at 14:05, microdave said:

New signing Brian McLean is added to the squad but defender Ross Perry remains a doubt. Henk Van Schaik who missed last Saturday's win against league leaders Arbroath will sit tomorrow's game out in the stand. Rory Loy and Willie Dyer remain on the sidelines. Iain Russell who made the bench last Saturday is added to the squad.

Jings! Is Russell not having a late test?

11 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Only just... missed penalty!

ETA: I'm at home today so watching it unfold on Twitter is bloody hellish :lol:

The East Fife game on Twitter was the most painful I can remember in a while! Much worse than being at the game.

Apparently Mango got the ball and it shouldn’t have been a pen. 

Archived