Motherwell v Hamilton Academical

4 hours ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

I'm not sure how it can be construed as homophobic at all...maybe the 'Accie' in the photo was a lassie

Groups of - going out on a massive limb here- predominantly straight guys using gay sex as the punchline of a joke to mock other straight men is clearly homophobic. It comes with the obvious implication that there's something wrong or shameful with being gay.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, up-front disclaimer that i'm not comparing the actual players, but I enjoy watching Turnbull play in the same way that I enjoy watching Bergkamp, Iniesta, Xavi, Zidane etc.
What I mean by that is...aside from the obviously noticable things they do such as goals, assists etc, probably 90% of the most enjoyable things to watch them do is the way they do inconspicuous things in the middle of the park that don't lead to anything other than just moving the ball on. You could have a hugely enjoyable and entertaining highlights video of all those players that has no goals or assists or crosses in it. Just taking the ball and moving it on, but it's the way they do it. Turnbull has that same quality.
Theres a bit in yesterdays highlights package that came after a Hastie chance (I think), where Div receives the ball in the centre of the park and turns to play a further pass inside. Every single other player I've ever seen for Motherwell would have turned and moved it on to the next team-mate, but Turnbull does that thing that you see the type of players I mentioned above do without thinking, where they take a beat in their backlift, just the slightest of pauses, and thats enough for everything to move on a split second, which changes the angles, and he can play the ball the other side of the opposing player than it would have been if that hadnt happened.
I feel like im not explaining this very well so i'll come back and add in the video, but its sooooo insignificant in the grand scheme of things that it doesnt actually make any difference to anything at all. Insignificant to the point where it sounds like I'm talking shite. But it's so satisfying to watch, i've genuinely never seen that level of composure, awareness, instinct and just natural comfort with a football, at our level.
He's the best footballer that's ever played for our club already, and I don't take that lightly.
It's absolutely incredible to watch. And that's before you take his age and inexperience into account. I don't remember ever seeing anyone at Fir Park able to create so much time and space for themselves by simply dropping a shoulder or holding a pass for that split second.

The game seems to just move around him (and I don't mean in a Craig Clay way).

Archived