Motherwell v Hamilton Academical

Shambles from pretty much kick off. No one gets pass marks although Keatings was alright when he came on. Maybe worth a start soon.

Thoroughly deserved Motherwell win. We looked like we couldn't give a f**k.

Keatings did more in 45 mins than Andreu did in 90. Well worth a place over 22 at the moment.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allowing Hastie and Ariyibi to get 1v1 against the Accies fullbacks is negligent from Rice. All 3 goals came from that.

2nd half we made a few chances but clearly not pushing for more goals with Turnbull and Campbell happy sit in the middle of the park.

Huge game next week at Easter Road.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

It wouldn’t not be 3-0 if Canning was in charge. Fact.

Opinion. We lost 4-0 in his first game there with him in charge. 

i can understand Rice changing the defence to bring Kilgallon back but it looks like Ziggy has forgotten how to play right back. Hopefully he'll now stick with McGowan. We were out fought all over the pitch and they just had better players. Only plus side, taking a decent 553 fans over. 

33 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Gboly better be back on loan. then we can teach him to shoot.

Might be the worst shot I’ve ever seen a footballer take in the first half. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone nearly clear the Cooper from about 5 yards out. 

3 minutes ago, Swami said:

Might be the worst shot I’ve ever seen a footballer take in the first half. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone nearly clear the Cooper from about 5 yards out. 

Pretty sure he hit the Simo Valakari spot on top of the Cooper Stand in the first half. 

The boy can dribble though... 

I love Gboly. He’s starting to add end product to his game as well as the mad dribbles. Gorrin was fucking everywhere again today. Get him signed up. I thought Frear looked good when he came on as well. Yasss

Brian Rice at least came across well in his interview. Sounds like he’ll be ringing in the changes ahead of hearts. Said he seen a couple of plus points coming on in the second half (keatings). Although he did say it was the first half was the worst half we have played since he took over which is debatable, Rangers and Hibs were equally as bad.

A bit of a rarity for us - an utterly routine win against Accies and we've genuinely not had many of those over the years. 

Odd thing is - given the "win the battle" cliche that we all relate to the grim stuff we watched in the first half of the season - today ironically is the biggest example you'll see of it. The midfield 3 of Campbell, Gorrin and Turnbull dominated to an almost embarrassing degree.  

Ariyibi had a fucking field day against Gordon - the only frustrating point is that we didn't get the ball to him even more in the first half. It was great to see someone take a shot and hit the ghost of the "Ottawa" sign from the Zoom sponsorship days. Amazingly bad shooting aside, I love the bold Gboly and wish there was any prospect of him being here next year.

Hastie got a less harsh reception than he might have - most people seemed to be fairly supportive of him - but the boos from the Bois direction were quite audible when his name was read out. He didn't have a great game - but looks like a really promising player.

To move ahead of St Johnstone when they looked over the hill and far away at the start of the year is a great achievement - next 2 games are looking quite exciting.....

1 hour ago, Swami said:

John Philliben used to stick a couple per match into the pie stall at the top of that end. He was shooting from the half way line, right enough.

ETA: Mind that time he actully scored one at Cappielow? Some strike.

24 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

John Philliben used to stick a couple per match into the pie stall at the top of that end. He was shooting from the half way line, right enough.

ETA: Mind that time he actully scored one at Cappielow? Some strike.

I mind him scoring against the **** when we beat them 3-0  just before the cup final and they thought they had lost the league

Thought it was bang out of order for Accies to make us shoot towards the Cooper first half.  Unsporting behaviour IMO.

I was convinced Motherwell won the toss. Why would we have chose to shoot away from our fans second half?

5 minutes ago, neildrake said:

I mind him scoring against the **** when we beat them 3-0  just before the cup final and they thought they had lost the league

You'll come to see Softy, but you'll stay for Dougie Arnott

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I was convinced Motherwell won the toss. Why would we have chose to shoot away from our fans second half?

No idea about that today - we never do that, even when the wind is waaay stronger than it was today. I assumed it was some low-level shithousery from accies, but who knows..... 

Archived